Deadline: 13 February 2020
The Office of Citizen Exchanges, Youth Programs Division, of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) has announced an open competition for the 2020 On-Demand Youth Leadership Program.
The goals of the program are to:
- Promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries;
- Prepare youth leaders to become responsible citizens and contributing members of their communities; and
- Foster relationships among youth from different ethnic, religious, and national groups.
The objectives of the program are for participants to:
- Demonstrate a better understanding of community engagement as practiced in the United States;
- Deepen critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership skills; and
- Develop program planning and implementation skills to bring community project ideas to fruition.
The primary themes of the program are:
- Civic education (citizen participation, democracy, and rule of law);
- Community engagement (social/corporate responsibility, volunteerism, and philanthropy; and
- Youth leadership development (such as team building, public speaking, negotiation, goal setting, and project planning)
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $1,200,000
- Award Ceiling: $1,200,000
- Applications may be submitted by U.S. public and private nonprofit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3).
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
For more information, visit https://eca.state.gov/files/bureau/odylp_fy2020_nofo_as.pdf