2020 Innovation Fund Leading to Social, Health, Environmental and/or Economic Benefits for Canadians
Deadline: 16 September 2019
The Canada Foundation for Innovation is currently seeking applications for 2020 Innovation Fund to provide investments in infrastructure, across the full spectrum of research, from the most fundamental to applied through to technology development.
Projects funded through the Innovation Fund will help Canada remain at the forefront of exploration and knowledge generation while making meaningful contributions to generating social, health, environmental and economic benefits and addressing global challenges.
View Sample Proposals
Join Premium and gain access to thousands of Proposals from Successful Grantees
With this call for proposals, they are launching the first Innovation Fund competition under their new funding model.
They expect institutions to propose research infrastructure projects that are:
- Aligned with the institution’s strategic research plan.
- Guided by the institution’s policies or plans on equity, diversity and inclusion, as well as by the CFI’s statement on equity, diversity and inclusion, in selecting projects and assembling research teams. They recognize that a breadth of diverse perspectives, skills and experiences drives innovation and contributes to research excellence.
Research infrastructure projects should:
Customize Funding Alerts
Customize your email funding alerts based on your country and areas of work.
- Be of appropriate maturity and offer the best potential for transformative impact.
- Allow teams and institutions to build on established capacity to accelerate current research and technology development or to enhance emerging strategic priority areas.
- Enable teams to fully exploit research infrastructure and drive world–class research.
The objectives of the Innovation Fund are to:
- Enable global leadership by supporting world–class research or technology development.
- Enhance and optimize the capacity of institutions and research communities to conduct the proposed research or technology development program(s).
- Lead to social, health, environmental and/or economic benefits for Canadians.