2019 Research Grant Program: Exploring New Values for Society
Deadline: 13 September 2019
The Toyota Foundation is seeking applications for its Research Grant Program 2019 to support ambitious projects that adopt a panoramic view of the world and look generations into the future in order to seek new values for society by fundamentally exploring novel philosophies and arts to address difficult issues to be faced by future society; issues that are on a global scale; issues that transcend generations; and nascent problems that will only fully manifest themselves in the future.
The Toyota Foundation Research Grant Program is continuing to support research projects in accordance with its program title, “Exploring New Values for Society,” and invites joint research proposals from people with diverse backgrounds, not limited to researchers affiliated with a university or research institute.
- Grant Amount
- Total allocated grant amount: 60 million yen
- Maximum grant amount: 8 million yen/project
- Up to 1.5 million yen/project for project teams of two persons or less
- Grant period: April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2022 (2 years)
- Project representatives must be 45 years old or under on the day of the beginning of the grant.
- All nationalities may apply, but project representative must have a residence(contact address) in Japan.
- No restrictions are placed on proposals with regard to the areas of research or the methods employed; nor is there any limitation with regard to the nationality of the project representative or participants, or their affiliation(or lack thereof) with a university, research institute, NPO/NGO, or other organization.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.toyotafound.or.jp/english/research/2019/