11th Tunza Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition 2018
Deadline: September 2, 2018
Samsung Engineering jointly with UN Environment would like to launch the 11th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition inviting the youth all over the world to raise awareness on the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day 2018 – Beat Plastic Pollution.
‘Beat Plastic Pollution’, the theme for World Environment Day 2018, is a call to action for all of us to come together to combat one of the great environmental challenges of our time. Chosen by this year’s host, India, the theme of World Environment Day 2018 invites us all to consider how we can make changes in our everyday lives to reduce the heavy burden of plastic pollution on our natural places, our wildlife – and our own health.
To commemorate WED and its annual theme, Eco-generation would like to celebrate the bigger and better WED than ever and to call on Tunza Eco-generation members around the world to show their will to act on ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ for our future generations by writing an essay.
- UN Environment Prize for 1 winner: e-Certificate & Samsung Tab S2
- Samsung Engineering Prize for 1 winner: e-Certificate & Samsung Tab A
- Eco-generation Prize for 3 winners: e-Certificate & Samsung Portable memory
- Honorable Mentions for 20 entries: e-Certificate & Eco-generation souvenirs
- Open to Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 14 and 24;
- All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification;
- Entries may not have been previously published in professional media;
- Entries must be from 600 to 800 words in length;
- Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online;
- All entries must be double spaced in 11pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats – MS Word or Word Perfect. All other formats will be disqualified;
- The personal information in the entry must be correct. If any competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.) prize will be canceled and automatically be given to the next place applicant;
- Each entrant may submit only one essay;
- All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
Write ‘your motivation to join the competition within 50 words’ in the Content box and attach your essay file (MS word) in the attachments column and click Submit button.