1000 Girls, 1000 Futures 2021 for Young Women in STEM
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Applications for the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures 2021 are now open. 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
The New York Academy of Sciences invites young women ages 13-17 around the world to join 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures to receive mentorship from female STEM experts, gain access to college readiness and leadership coursework, and network with other girls passionate about STEM!
000 Girls, 1000 Futures empowers young women to learn independently and work collaboratively on Launchpad, the Academy’s unique online learning platform. On Launchpad, students complete the coursework at their own pace and apply their skills to work on different projects with their peers. Mentors are available to guide students throughout the program, from navigating the college application process to setting career goals.
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures participants are enthusiastic learners with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- l Applicants should be between 13–17 years old.
- Be from anywhere in the world.
- All program content and communication on the platform is in English, and a strong level of English proficiency is required. Students’ English proficiency will be assessed during the application process.
- Students will complete the coursework at their own pace and set their schedule to meet with the mentors during the program year from September to June.
- No cost in involved. 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is completely free for participating students.
Qualified mentors for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures are:
- Self-identified women who are either pursuing a Ph.D. in a STEM-related field OR currently working in a STEM-related field.
- Able to access at least one communication device with internet capabilities.
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English.
- Able to commit to 3-5 hours of program training and participation in the program monthly from September to June.
- Passionate about engaging and inspiring the next generation of young women around the world.
Applications are due by July 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm UTC. Admission decision notifications will be sent between September 1 and 15, 2021.