100+ Accelerator announces Coca-Cola Refill.Reuse.Refresh Challenge
The 100+ Accelerator has announced the Coca-Cola Refill.Reuse.Refresh Challenge to revolutionize the smart beverage dispensing landscape by focusing on the development of a cohesive dispenser ecosystem that integrates cutting-edge dispensers with reusable and refillable bottles to offer an unparalleled experience of convenience for the consumers and customers.
The 100+ Accelerator is launched by AB InBev to help the company reach its ambitious sustainability goals faster by finding startups that could deliver breakthrough advancements across five key sustainability pillars—water stewardship, smart agriculture, circular packaging, climate action and upcycling. In its first two cohorts, more than half of the startups secured long term contracts with AB InBev. The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive Company and Unilver joined AB InBev’s 100+ Accelerator to fund and pilot sustainable innovation in supply chains. In its first three cohorts, the 100+ Accelerator has worked with 70 startups in over 20 countries.
In working together towards creating a more sustainable future for the people, the communities, and the planet, they believe they have a responsibility to help curb climate change as well as help address the issue of global packaging waste.
- Solutions that encourage consumers to reuse refillable bottles by ensuring convenience and beverage quality.
- Solutions that promote preserving and enhancing carbonation in reusable bottle or near-bottle solutions.
- Effective technologies or device that enable digital connectivity between dispenser and reusable bottle for multi-facetted purposes.
- Reusable bottle technologies that would help to merge various reusable schemes and suppliers into a nation-wide effective operating system.
- Low-energy mobile washing technology for reusable packaging at outdoor events, festivals etc.
- Solutions that promote an end-to-end smart dispenser ecosystem.
- Technologies that improve or increase dispenser hygiene.
- Technologies that sustainably improve carbonation in beverage dispenser to the level of highly carbonated products in a cost-effective way.
- Funding pilots up to $100,000 USD.
- Each partner has committed to one year with an option to renew.
- The 100+ Accelerator will provide support, guidance and access to potential funding through:
- Pilot customer opportunities with the four corporate partners: AB InBev, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and Colgate Palmolive (including the potential to scale company-wide)
- Active mentorship, training and programming in product development, go-to-market, operations, sales and more
- Top mentor network of scientists, academics, domain experts, venture capitalists, corporate sustainability leaders, etc.
- Potential funding from Partner Companies and their networks
- The success of the 100+ Accelerator is not contingent on the amount of capital that the startups will go on to raise at the end of the program.
- They are seeking startups from around the world to answer the challenges and are eager to identify technologies and best practices that can be shared across the businesses and beyond.
- Other companies that share the common vision are welcome to join the 100+ Accelerator as a partner in the future.
- The 100+ Accelerator is looking for innovative solutions that have the ability to scale quickly and make a significant impact on one or more challenge areas. The Accelerator focuses on startups that have a product in market or are prepared to go to market. Also, the Accelerator is particularly interested in supporting great teams: companies led by passionate entrepreneurs who have surrounded themselves with diverse talent that are in the best position to succeed.
- Startups that have demonstrated traction in the form of IP, revenue, clients, pilots or contracts etc. will have the best chance of getting accepted.
- A large part of the program is based on launching pilots to validate product/market fit. Therefore, they are primarily looking for startups that have either a product that is ready to go to market or already in-market. Earlier stage companies will be considered by rare exception only.
- Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Scoring will be assessed based on the following values:
- Fit with identified sustainability challenges
- Ability to demonstrate traction/product market fit
- Market expertise and team
- Capacity to carry out pilot in selected global zone
For more information, visit 100+ Accelerator.
Laisser un Commentaire