UNSSC Communications and Social
Media Internship 2018 in Turin, Italy
Deadline: November 24, 2017
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is calling on interested individuals to apply for their 2017 Communications and Social Media Internship. The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the activities of the UNSSC Directorate. S/he will gain understanding of the UN’s work in general, and in the area of communications, in particular. The incumbent will report to the Policy and Corporate Coordination Officer, under the daily guidance of the UNSSC Communications focal point. The internship is for 6 months, starting January 2018.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, events and other outreach activities;
- Assisting in drafting press releases, speeches and articles;
- Assisting with research, provide substantive and administrative assistance as required and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Interns will receive €450 per month
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent;
- Previous work experience is not required, however experience in the field of communications and public relations and experience working with professional social media platforms are considered an asset. Knowledge of the UN is an advantage;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Italian is preferable;
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- High motivation to learn and grow professionally;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College? Submit the following in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter, specifying why you would like to be considered for this internship;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 007
For more information, visit UNSSC Internship.