Une Entreprise de la place recrute 01 Assistant
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||04 Décembre 2017|
|Description de l’offre|
Reporting to the Senior Associate/Project Coordinator, the Accountant & Assistant will play an important in ensuring that all the accounting and administrative functions related to the implementation of projects of GGGI’s operations comply with the policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations of the organization.
Contract Type: Individual Contractor (ICA)
Grade : X4
Salary scale: Country Scale
Contract Duration: 24 months
Ref No: LX-SEN-3
To perform general Accounting and Administrative functions related specifically to GGGI’s works on the implementation of projects, and deal with day to day overall financial and administrative management according to GGGI standard procedures and systems.
• Provides administrative, financial and logistics arrangements with respect to the needs of the Project Team,
• Maintain a database for all transactions for easy access and update: summary of transactions, reconciliation, account summary. Maintain well-organized, complete, and up-to-date files of project accounting and financial transactions, records and documents.
• Compile and file all project related documents for document archives (inventory, library) both electronically and as hard copies
• Manage Project office facilities, maintain physical asset records and ensure regular maintenance of office facilities and equipment as per the procedures
• Handle the recording and reporting of all receipts. Process the cash vouchers for all receipts and prepare summary statements for the monthly reporting and booking for the project Account.
• Assist project team to develop the project budgets with input and advice from Project coordinator and field partners
• Submit monthly and consolidated quarterly financial reports to the Project Coordinator for review who will then transmit them to the Country Office for approval
• Monitor actual and planned expenditures against approved donor line items on a monthly basis; alert management to any irregularities and make recommendations
• Attend and participate in scheduled project weekly/monthly meetings to administrative and address budget status matters
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Administration, Finance, Organizational management international or other area development field and at least 2 years of working experience, preferably in an international setting.
• Exceptional skills in building and maintaining productive working relationships with colleagues, field offices, stakeholders, donors and other partners
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Database, MS Project, etc., and internet use
• Ability to review, synthesize information and produce high quality reports
• Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
• Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated.
• Familiarity with Green Growth and Senegal context with experiences dealing with government counterparts
• Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
• An excellent command of spoken and written French and English
•Able to think strategically and in close collaboration with others.
• Detail-oriented striving for quality and consistency in all outputs and communications.
• Able to perform analysis of management and administrative matters in tandem and under time constraints.
• Output-oriented, demonstrating creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial drive.
• Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
• Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
• Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
• Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
• Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
• Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
More information about Senegal Program
Senegal has been a member of GGGI since November 2014. Senegal’s principal strategic focus in the coming 5-10 years is the successful implementation of policies to sustain strong macroeconomic growth and catalyze structural changes that targets poverty reduction and social inclusion.
The Government of Senegal (GoS) recognized the need for change and adopted a very ambitious development strategy called “Plan Senegal Emergent” (PSE), the economic growth roadmap that ambitions to make Senegal an emerging country by 2035. The GoS, as outline in its NDCs, is increasingly aware that green growth approaches are essential to integrate within its economic growth strategies. GGGI plans to support this initiative.
Taking stock from 2016 planned deliverables, the interventions in the 2017-2018 biennium program period will support the efforts in a number of strategic areas including Green Cities Development.
Building on GGGI’s lessons learned in other countries, and based from the current development priorities of the GoS as well as some of the ongoing green city initiatives of key development partners in the country, GGGI will accompany the Government of Senegal in the implementation of Green Secondary City Guidelines, starting with three pilot cities in 2017
***Recruitment and appointment for this position is subject to final budget approval
HOW TO APPLY
Please, click on the link below if you are interested in this job position: