Apply for Cordes Fellowship Program
2018 (Full Scholarship to attend
Opportunity Collaboration in Mexico)
Deadline: January 31, 2018
The Cordes Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2018 Cordes Fellowship. The Cordes Fellowship provides ~60 exceptional social entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders the opportunity to participate as fully in the Opportunity Collaboration (OC), taking place October 14-19, 2018 in Cancún, Mexico. Successful applicants are high-impact, innovative, entrepreneurial for-profit and nonprofit executives with a demonstrated commitment to alleviating global poverty and injustice.
The OC brings together social entrepreneurs, innovative nonprofit executives, grantmakers, impact investors, corporate and academic field-leaders, and aligned media working around the world to solve common challenges and spark new opportunities. They come together for a unique five-day retreat (un-conference style: no PowerPoints, plenaries or presentations) to solve common challenges and spark new opportunities.
The purpose of the Cordes Fellowship program is to
- open doors, minds and networks for emerging social entrepreneurs and nonprofit executives,
- enrich the Opportunity Collaboration with new, emerging leaders
- infuse the collaborative discussions with a diversity of perspectives.
Fellows selected from non-OECD countries (developing economies) receive a $2,950.00 full scholarship, and pay a refundable $250.00 application fee, which is returned after the non-OECD fellows attend the Opportunity Collaboration. Fellows from OECD countries (developed economies) receive a $2,200.00 scholarship. Fellow pays $750.00 registration for 5-day program, accommodations and meals.
The all-inclusive Cordes Fellowship includes all on-site costs for room-sharing accommodations and meals (5 nights lodging, 3 meals per day), gratuities, airport shuttle, etc. All Fellows are responsible for their own roundtrip airfare; if applicants cannot fund the airfare, they should not apply.
Fellows are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a travel visa from the Mexican government, if required. The Opportunity Collaboration provides Fellows with a formal invitation letter for use with immigration authorities.
- Successful Cordes Fellowship applicants are high-impact, innovative, entrepreneurial for-profit and nonprofit organization executives with a demonstrated commitment to economic justice and poverty alleviation.
- Like all Delegates, Fellows are catalytic leaders who by their actions and accomplishments evidence pragmatic vision, passionate tenacity, multi-sectoral thinking, adaptive leadership skills, non-ideological activism and a strong ethical grounding.
- Financial need is a primary consideration. Applicants from both nonprofit and for-profit organizations with adequate resources are less likely to be selected for a Cordes Fellowship.
- Applications from Delegates whose organizations, companies or ventures have already attended a prior Opportunity Collaboration will not be considered.
- Multiple applicants from one organization will not be considered; submit one application for the most senior leader from your institution.
In order to ensure participation from organizations with less adequate resources, financial need is a primary consideration.
Applications for 2018 Cordes Fellowships are accepted from November 1, 2017 through January 31, 2018. Late applications will not be considered. All applicants will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application by March 31, 2018.
To apply, please follow this link and submit your application before January 31, 2018. Questions about applying? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Cordes Fellowship Program.