Apply to join the Youth Network for the Lancet Standing Commission 2017
Deadline: August 21, 2017
The Lancet is looking for six young health advocates and/or professionals from diverse backgrounds, to work with them to set up a Youth Network for The Lancet Standing Commission on Adolescent Health and Wellbeing. This expression of interest comes with an expectation (funding dependent) that those who set up the Youth Network will also have an ongoing role as a member of the Network.
The Lancet is establishing a Standing Commission to continue the work of The Lancet Commission on Adolescent Health and Wellbeing. The 2016 Commission report included recommendations for engaging and partnering with young people as agents for change.
- They are seeking young leaders (18 – 29 years) with experience in one or more of the following:
- Advocacy or communication related to adolescent health and wellbeing.
- Work (paid or voluntary) at a local, national or international level in an area related to adolescent health and wellbeing.
- Work (paid or voluntary) for an organisation that has a national and/or international role in adolescent/youth health and wellbeing.
- Work in a related area of practice (i.e. law, health, journalism, economics, education, research).
- They are particularly interested in the participation of young health advocates and professionals from low and middle income countries (LMIC). For that reason, priority will be given to applicants with origins from LMICs.
- They hope that you will bring your own networks of young people, have experience with youth participation and youth leadership and an ability to communicate well in English (spoken and written).
- All applicants must have a valid passport with a minimum of 1 year until expiry.
To apply please provide:
- A two-minute video application, on “how you would like to contribute to the Lancet Standing Commission.” (Please note we may use successful video applications in our communications.)
- A completed application
- Your curriculum vitae
Please complete and submit the application by 5 pm AEST on 21st August 2017.
For more information, visit Lancet Youth Network.