Y-HER Africa Accelerator Program for Female Entrepreneurs 2017
Deadline: September 22, 2017
Are you a female founder running a high-impact venture aimed at improving the lives of women and girls? Apply now for the Y-HER Africa Accelerator Program for Female Entrepreneurs 2017. The Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate female impact entrepreneurs in Africa who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change the lives of women and girls in Africa. More women are pursuing entrepreneurship in Africa per capita than anywhere else in the world. For this reason, Spark* is conducting a continent-wide search to bring together an unrivalled group of 15 African Female Founders for its YHER Accelerator.
- Gain from a week-long intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track your early stage venture. They’ll provide training and mentorship while also connecting you to an inspiring group of fellow female entrepreneurs working hard to create a better world for women and girls;
- Connection to a network of mentors from across the world throughout the Accelerator week, providing you with a wealth of entrepreneurship experience to help you build a bulletproof strategy for impact and growth;
- An opportunity for you to network with investors, funders, mentors and supporters and to pitch your venture as the week comes to a close at an exclusive, invite-only high-tea event;
- A total of $50,000 in prize funding is available for the winners of our peer review and audience votes;
- Potential to qualify for Growth support, including ongoing tailored support and grant or investment funding of $10,000 to $50,000 AUD to help scale your venture;
- Ongoing connection with our virtual community to help you along your entrepreneurial journey. Keep each other inspired and accountable with monthly check-ins, mastermind sessions and knowledge sharing.
- You must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program;
- You intimately understand the problem that you are trying to solve;
- Your venture must exist to improve the lives of women and girls who are held back by poverty;
- You will have already launched a venture or at least run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 100 customers and have been in operation less than two years.
Begin your application. You will be notified of the status of your application by September 30, 2017.