World Vision recrute 01 Regional Talent & Leadership Development Advisor – West Africa
*Position location to be determined by successful home country/work authorization of successful candidate within the West Africa region where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- In line with Global People and Culture strategic direction which is focused on: Talent & Leadership Development; Accountability and Deep Talent and Regional P&C strategy & priorities.
- Establish the policy, framework and processes for Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion practices,
- Deploy and coordinate region-wide capacity building and leadership development initiatives.
- Responsible for region-wide workforce planning policies, systems.
The role will drive the Region to achieve measurable improvements in:
- Region wide consistency of performance goal setting.
- Region wide commitment and execution of a performance management process.
- Staff throughout the Region having clearly articulated, endorsed and measured accountabilities that are clearly linked to the goals of the Region and Partnership.
- Be a catalyst for best practice and knowledge sharing within the respective portfolio and participate in global practice groups outside of the Region.
Recruitment & Development
Implements a learning and leadership development frameworks in the region to enable leadership success across all leadership stages:
- Develops reviews & updates region-wide L&D guidelines.
- Delivers a coordinated staff and leadership development process across the region.
- Implement a development framework focused on leadership, general business capabilities, & skills required at each stage of leadership; provide vehicles to maximize success (e.g. Methodology includes virtual or actual development center, multi-channel, job rotations, education, training, targeted secondment, online learning, career planning).
- Research development best practices (NGO/non-NGO) and construct business case for proposed new programs with a focus on front line staff.
- Review current competency and core capability framework against regional and national office business strategies.
- Participate in those initiatives that have been developed by GC P&C and ensure deployment throughout the region.
- Ensure linkage within the region to performance management, talent selection and learning.
- Implement framework for the acquisition, development, measurement and progression of leadership.
- Develop a regional secondment strategy/policy and facilitates all international secondment within the region.
- Develops and roll out region-wide standard new employee induction framework/socialization toolkit.
Ensure continuity and quality of regional and NO leadership through effective talent management and succession planning – Integrated Talent Management programs & initiatives:
- Identify current capabilities and future skills requirements of leadership positions.
- Implement the WV wide Succession Planning Strategy, integrated with leadership development and talent review.
- Provide technical support to NO in the implementation of their talent management planning strategies and systems.
- Coordinate development centre & regional talent forums.
- Drive the design, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on implementation of specialised modules for identified high potential talent.
- Follow up on targeted learning and development interventions for HPP.
- Ensure appropriate local regional participation in annual review.
- Integrate data from performance management processes into talent management database and talent development initiatives.
- Inform and support strategies for engaging, deploying and retaining talent at WVI.
- Ensure depth and breadth of talent to deliver current and future strategic and operational goals.
Develop the capacity development strategy for frontline staff in WVI WAR as well as Develop/manage the capacity building programs deriving from the strategy:
- Facilitate the competency self-assessment of front-line staff in collaboration with the GC ICD Team as well as NO Operations and P&C units.
- Manage the conduct of a scoping research on learning and development activities for front-line staff.
- Develop a capacity development strategy that is needs-based and aligned with ICD framework.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, develop the capacity building framework.
- Form a project team that will design, develop and implement the capacity building programme that supports the strategy.
Participate in the global workforce planning initiative from a regional perspective and acts as the regional focal point for the gathering and maintaining of Human capital related data:
- Ensure adequate workforce planning is conducted in each NO of the region.
- Integrate regional workforce planning at the GC level.
- Report on region workforce planning outcomes to regional management with recommended follow-up.
- Work with the WAR International Staffing Specialist in regards to recruitment needs in the region. Coordinate local recruitments when required.
Implementation of the Partnership Performance Management program within the Region that:
- Utilizes the Partnership PM program with appropriate contextualization that is aligned to strategic goal and promotes our goals of supporting children and communities via Christian values.
- Promotes the achievement and implementation of a high performing culture.
- Designs processes, assign generic roles, workflows and processes in relation to PM framework – including attention to frequency, methodologies for KPI setting, consistency of assessments, reviewer roles, potential reviewer ‘round tables’ or similar, bell curve or similar assessments.
- Links accountability for effective performance management to people leaders at all levels – first line supervisors through to executives.
- Ensures alignment to Talent processes, including identification of high performing talent
- Designs and implement consistent and regionally aligned processes in relation to performance not meeting expectations.
- Designs and leads Region wide education and training in relation to Performance management strategy and framework.
- Monitors and measures regional performance against PM objectives.
- Analyses and submits annual performance appraisal statistics across the region and ensure outcomes are integrated into reward & talent management decisions.
- Consultancy with RVP and NDs to ensure performance agreement and appropriate goals are in place for all staff.
Diversity & Inclusion
Works with region, national offices and GC on diversity & inclusion (D&I) initiatives & D&I metrics & reporting:
- Reviews and communicates D&I targets.
- Engages with GC D&I initiative regarding assessment of diversity & inclusion status and goals.
- Reports on regional D&I metrics and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Acts as regional focal point for D&I initiatives.
- Monitors and reports on implementation of regional D&I strategy.
- Participates in those D&I initiatives that are deployed globally as well as determining local needs and issues unique to region and Nos.
- Conducts yearly external researches on best practices on D&I and submits recommendations for implementation.
- Attend and participate in Christian devotional meetings.
- May be asked to represent WV West Africa P&C at Partnership forums or meetings.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Educational level required:
- Masters degree preferably in Human Resources/MBA or equivalent
Relevant working experience:
- At least 8 years related HR experience – generalist or specialist.
- Has managed a sizeable team successfully & has carried responsibility for developing staff.
- Has a special interest in diversity & inclusion (D&I) and experience in deploying D&I programs.
- Senior HR generalist with experience of working in a global environment.
- Has had project administration experience in a global context.
- Learning & development auditing skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of implementing Talent management, diversity & inclusion programs at major organizations.
- Experience with work force planning models or systems.
- Training design, delivery & measuring impact skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and marketing skills, willing to challenge the status quo, ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner, passion for excellence, excellent writing and presentation skills combined with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, team player, influencing & very good organisational abilities; is able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines. Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities, attend and participate in devotions with a passion for working with children.
- Fully Fluent: English
- Very good working knowledge of French
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
Apply by clicking Here
– See more at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/senegal/human-resources/regional-talent-and-leadership-development-advisor-west-africa/6126#sthash.4KOntmIQ.dpuf