World Vision recrute 01 Global Director, Procure-to-Pay
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in Costa Rica, Manila; Philipiness or Ghana where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Since 2012, WVI has been on a journey to implement global standard processes supported by global systems and executed by a global shared service organization. As part of a partnership-wide transformation, effective use of shared services is a key to reducing the cost of administration and delivering more resources to the world’s most vulnerable children. In 2014, the first SSC was opened in San Jose, Costa Rica. A second opened in Manila, Philippines in 2016, and a third in Accra, Ghana in 2017. We are now restructuring our global team to focus on process execution. This position will be responsible for the daily delivery of high quality procure-to-pay (P2P) processes and the strategic transformation of the same to create more effective and efficient P2P. Once the new P2P process (called ProVision) is fully implemented, this position will oversee approximately $600M in payments to suppliers. Most of the P2P team’s time is spent creating, matching, and routing invoices in Coupa & Sun AP, and executing the payment process in Sun AP. Leading a global team, the director will ensure 24 hour operations 5 days a week to support all World Vision offices and oversee continuous improvement projects to deliver more value.
Employee Engagement, Execution of Processes, Delivery of Results:
- Direct a team of 30-60 across 3 global centers. Full responsibility for hiring, training, development, and performance.
- Ensure 24 hour operations – manage scheduling across locations to achieve coverage for processes from 9am in New Zealand until 5pm in California.
- Ensure high quality results – complete & accurate task completion, meet SLA and KPI targets.
- Ensure process continuity – cross training, disaster recovery, backup capacity.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement – coach and mentor black belts and green belts that engage every team member in make improvement every day.
- Maintain positive, collaborative relationships with all customers – have regular interaction to share performance results and seek feedback.
- Monitor delivery and honestly report results – celebrate success and improve where needed. Manage global SLAs with customer agreement.
- Proactively manage customer feedback – prioritize issues and keep stakeholders informed of status.
- Positively influence and partner with the SOs, NOs, and BUs to effect change, share best practices, leverage processes and automation, training, and employee development.
Strategic Leadership, Process Improvement, Project Management:
- Stay informed about industry best practices and technology advances – implement transformation improvements that reduce risk, improve quality, and lower cost.
- Prepare annual and long range strategic financial plans/budgets for the P2P current & future operations and monitoring progress to ensure performance and budgets are on target.
- Influence all WV organizations to develop their own P2P transition roadmaps and strategic plans.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree (preferred fields of study – finance, accounting, or business management). Master’s degree will be an added advantage and will be preferred (preferred fields of study – finance, accounting, or business management).
- Ability to oversee daily operations and guide strategic direction simultaneously.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and ability to apply effective leadership approach in varied circumstances within different cultures and with unique personalities.
- Extensive knowledge of procure-to-pay processes & systems.
- 20 years overall work experience in the field of finance operations on a global level.
- Extensive experience managing finance processes.
- Extensive experience managing global business operations.
- Extensive experience leading global teams.
- Substantial experience with procure-to-pay processes & systems.
- Substantial experience managing large, complex projects.
- Substantial experience with transaction processing, SLAs, and KPIs.
- Substantial experience with lean six sigma or other process improvement methods.
- Lean six sigma master black belt.
- Certified accountant.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Leading a global team requires a flexible work schedule. Meetings can occur from 5am until 11pm, depending on the time zones of the participants. These are rare and largely controllable, but some flexibility to accommodate others is
- Working from one of our shared service offices is preferred and expected most of the time, but working from home is an option.