Entreprise/Structure: World Vision International (ONG)
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 10 ans ou plus
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 12-07-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Application Deadline Date
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To implement the strategic goals and objectives of VISIONFUND SENEGAL.
- To give direction and leadership towards the achievement of VISIONFUND SENEGAL vision, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- To represent VISIONFUND SENEGAL and strive to build a positive image in all relevant media.
To ensures that the Vision, and Mission, Purpose, Goals, Objectives, Outputs and Policies set by the Board are fully implemented, complied with and met:
- Develops, monitors and implements short and long term business plan.
- Reports to the board regularly.
- Develops key performance indicators for the MFI.
- Develops and implements strategic plan.
- Negotiates effectively with creditors, grant bodies and other financial institutions.
- Ensures that annual financial report and budget are prepared for the board on time.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages VISIONFUND SENEGAL’s resources within those budget guidelines.
- Ensures that effective and efficient financial management system is in place and maintained.
- Ensures the MFI has adequate funding (debt, equity) to meet all its financial obligations.
- Ensures that all loans are prudently disbursed and collected on time.
- Ensures savings products are effectively priced and delivered.
- Ensures that effective internal control and risk management system is established and maintained.
- Ensures effective liquidity management.
Community and Public Relations:
- Ensures that VISIONFUND SENEGAL and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Develops networks and strategic alliances to positively influence the economic policies.
- Manages MoU agreement with World Vision and ensures compliance.
Policy Formulation and Implementation:
- Formulates and implements guidelines, procedures, internal regulations that are consistent with the policies set forth by the Board of Directors and industry regulators.
Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building:
- Facilitates growth of Senior Management Team into a team that is capable of fostering VISIONFUND SENEGAL ahead in accordance to the Strategic direction and Business Plan.
- Ensures effective staff development and performance management systems are in place at all levels.
Compliance to Regulations and Social Performance:
- Ensures that the institution complies with each of the requirements of the Central Bank and other regulators in-country.
- Prepares the MFI for new regulations.
- Ensures accurate monthly financial reports are posted on time on the VFI MED database.
- Ensures MFI complies with the SMART Campaign on matters of client protection and transparency.
Achievement of Targets and Strategic Goals and being the Appointing Authority:
- Leads the institution in achieving the targets as defined and agreed in the business plans, as well as in accomplishing VISIONFUND SENEGAL’s strategic goals.
- Ensures that key positions such as COO, CFO, Internal Audit Manager and P&C Manager are filled by well qualified and competent individuals.
- Approves and confirms staff appointment, promotion, demotion, termination and transfer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum a Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field.
- Must have at least ten years working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, or
- economic and business development institution.
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry or banking and technology.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance, problem-solving and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Capability and commitment to lead the organization forward towards its goals.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization’s ideals and Core Values.
- Be an excellent leader.
- Very good communication and marketing skills.
- Very good knowledge in economic and financial topics.
- Strong strategic skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to be inclusive and lead across all denominational diversities.
- Attend and lead devotions and provide spiritual nurture appropriate to the setting.
Travel and/or Work Environment:
- Office environment: typical office based and infrequent travel to field locations (20% traveling and 80% office based).
- Travel: 90% Domestic 10% international travel is desired.
- On call: Yes outside of normal working hours.