World Nomad Travel Film Scholarship Program 2017 (Win a 12-day Filmmaking Assignment in India)
Are you an aspiring travel photographer, filmmaker or writer? This is your chance to turn your passion into a profession. Explore your passion through real-life storytelling assignments and mentorships. Each year World Nomad sends talented travelers like you into the field to capture the world’s stories while learning from seasoned industry professionals. Budding travel filmmakers, this is your chance to capture the stories of communities living in India’s very own tropical paradise – Kerala.
- Receive round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, India;
- Capture the culture and communities of Kerala under the mentorship of professional travel filmmaker Brian Rapsey in a 12-day film making trip;
- Your trip will include a 3-day post-production workshop where you’ll edit your film, continuing your mentorship with Brian Rapsey;
- Record superior sound for your film with a new Video Mic Pro and VideoMic Me™ iPhone directional mic courtesy of Rode Microphones;
- Be equipped with hyper minimalist smartphone and smartwatch accessories from Nomad
- You’ll receive travel insurance for the duration of your trip from World Nomads.
- The scholarship is open to travel photographer, filmmaker or writer from around the world.
- Make a 3-minute documentary: The challenge to you is to go out and interview an amazing adventurer or inspiring traveler and bring to life their compelling travel story around one of the following themes:
- Upload your film to YouTube or Vimeo: Please make sure your video is publicly accessible.
- Complete the application form: In 1500 characters or less tell why you should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will hold considerable weight in the judging process.
- July 18, 2017: Application Closes
- August 9, 2017: Winner Announced
- November 6, 2017: Trip to India commences
- November 15, 2017: Post-production workshop
For more information, visit World Nomad Travel Film Scholarship.