World Food Programme recrute 01 Human Resources Assistant
Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 24-02-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre: Human Resources Assistant
Area of expertise
Type of contract vLong term opportunities
Closing date 24 February 2017, 00:59 GMT
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Contract type: Fixed Term
Vacancy type: External
Duration: 1 year- Renewable
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West Africa (RBD)
Closing date of application: Thursday 23 February 2017
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
JOB PURPOSE: To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
1. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
3. Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
4. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
5. Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
6. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
7. Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
8. Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
9. Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
Has managed and implemented HR policy and procedures in line with WFPs operating standards
• Has conducted specific HR Services activities such as payroll administration, aspects of recruitment and interviews administration
• Has provided ad-hoc guidance to less experienced staff members
• Has provided briefing to new recruits as part of the onboarding process
• Has gained experience working across a range of WFP contexts and with varying strategic priorities
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general, administrative work, including at least two years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
Language: Proficiency (level C) of French and at least high intermediate level of English is required under all circumstances.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted