World Food Programme IT Operations Assistant
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 14 Aout 2017
Description de l’offre
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five years of working experience in IT client support unit (helpdesk), IT service operations, or software and hardware maintenance. Experience in resolving complex technical issues, defining requirements for functional areas and the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate client service problems is required.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French.
This positions are found in the Regional Bureau and reporting to the IT National Officer.
At this level the job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs,
configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and
access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as
website content and directories, to ensure information is
accurate and up-to-date.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are
delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the
effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems
in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training
to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use
standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software,
including testing and the identification of problems, to
contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as
updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the
information is current and well organised.
9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and
equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard
10. Support the development of standard material such as training
documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to
ensure staff have access to required information about IT
services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to
support the continuous improvement of IT services.
12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as
required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance
needs to be met.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements
to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of
WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how
own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior
teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with
people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer
coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an « I will »/ »We will » spirit: Tracks progress toward
goals and shares this information on a regular basis with
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to
consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work
and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks
trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify
opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes
responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as
possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when
faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous
situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for
partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to
work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of
the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling
team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own
activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and
external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Governance, Strategy and Architecture
Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and
system architecture development to support the process and assist
in design of interaction between systems.
Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and
Has basic understanding of project management principles to
provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs
to facilitate the project planning process.
Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies
and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and
recognized internally as an important technical reference.
Understands and follows the established standards and protocols
for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of
delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in
order to effectively address and manage internal customers
‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term
Procurement and Contract Management
Assists in the technology selection process by collating
information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements
for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services
standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is batch recruitment exercise in the area of ICT at the GS5
level to fill multiple vacancies and to populate GS-5 ICT
Assistant talent group.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce,
and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Nationality and Residency: Positions open to Senegalese nationals
and non-nationals with residence and working permit in Senegal or
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
Contract duration is 12 months (renewable).
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the link below if you are interested in this job position:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click on the link below