Word Food Programme recrute 01 Business Support Assistant G5 Regional Bureau
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 4 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 05-01-2018
Détails de l’offre:
Business Support Assistant G5 Regional Bureau, Dakar Senegal
Area of expertise: Programme & policy
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: General Service: Fluency in French and English (level C).
This job is found in Regional Bureau (RB) and the job holder is reporting to the Head of Programme Unit and will provide support to all programme units.
At this level, the job holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. The Job holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
2. Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
3. Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
4. Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
5. Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
6. Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
7. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
8. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
9. Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Organize trainings/meetings/workshops for the program unit which enhance the efficiency and coordination.
• Provide support in arranging internal and external meetings and prepare Minutes.
• Provide thorough admin information for workshops and reply to individual requests for additional information by participants.
• Make travel accommodation arrangements for participants of workshops and other meetings.
• Liaise with travel/admin colleagues and hotels and coordinate efforts in the organization of events.
• Support the production and distribution of reports.
2. Initiate administrative actions related to procurement to facilitate purchase of items or services by the program unit.
• Prepare and manage Purchase Requisition for Goods/services in Wings;
• Draft Service Agreements (Waiver if needed)
• Follow up process and ensured that deliveries are made.
3. Assist financial tracking of the projects managed by PSU (regional project, trust fund etc.).
4. Assist in planning and tracking staffing movements (absences and missions) to help section colleagues coordinate and complement the activities for better efficiency.
5. Monthly update of mission / leave tracking sheet (both planning and actual) circulated to all staff and posted on SharePoint.
6. Enter, correct an update data on SharePoint (Teamwork Space/P Drive).
7. Assist whenever requested in following-up with other Units and Country Offices key tasks.
8. The candidate should have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) because these are required for his/her daily work in the Programme Unit.
9.The candidate should have good oral and written skills in French and English as this will be required in his/her daily work with a variety of individuals in different RB Programme units.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Nationality and Residency: Positions open to Senegalese nationals and non-nationals with residence and working permit in Senegal or ECOWAS nationals.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
Contract duration is 12 months (renewable).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
05 January, 2018