White House Internship Program – Summer 2018
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Future leaders from around the nation are invited to apply for the Summer 2018 White House Internship Program. The White House Internship Program is a public service leadership program that provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office, and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
The President, First Lady, and White House staff are committed to providing young leaders an opportunity to develop their leadership skills and serve their country through the White House Internship Program. This program was developed to provide hands-on experience and cultivate meaningful skills.
The Summer 2018 White House Internship Program Term will run from May 30, 2018 to August 10, 2018.
A select group of young men and women from across the country dedicate their time, talents, energy, and service to better the White House and the Nation. These committed citizens become part of the White House team. The assignments given to an intern on any given day could include: conducting research, managing incoming inquiries, attending meetings, writing memos, and staffing events.
While interns’ responsibilities and tasks vary by department, all interns are united through weekly events, including a speaker series and small group meetings exploring different policy aspects within the Executive Office of the President. Most importantly, the internship experience emphasizes community, and interns participate in service projects at schools and non-profit organizations in Washington, D.C.
White House Internships are unpaid positions. Applicants are encouraged to contact educational institutions and other non-profit organizations to apply for assistance as needed. Any outside income, funding, or housing assistance received as a White House intern must receive pre-approval.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age on or before January 10, 2018, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution).
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty–for any length of time–in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
- All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted on or before January 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
- Apply to be a White House Intern.
For questions related to applications for the White House Internship Program, academic credit requirements, or for any general inquiries about the White House Internship Program, please email email@example.com.
If you are a college professor, college advisor, or career center representative interested in learning more about the White House Internship Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit White House Internship Program.