USAID Senegal hires 01 Market Systems Manager
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 30 Juin 2017
Description de l’offre
Descriptif du poste
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 48 projects in 30 countries and revenues of $151 million.
Market Systems Manager, Senegal
USAID Senegal is supporting a five year $40 million USD Feed the Future Senegal Cultivating Nutrition activity to improve diets among the Senegalese population, particularly young children and women of reproductive age, in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI).
The project’s purpose is to improve year-round access to diverse, nutritious, and safe foods along with increasing adoption of nutrition and care practices that promote consumption of a healthy diet. Ultimately, improved diets will reduce risks of undernutrition and overnutrition, both of which hamper human health, productivity, and economic growth.
To achieve its overall the goal the Senegal Cultivating activity will focus on sustainable food systems development and support it to satisfy demand, diminish malnutrition, and promote economic development.
This activity is an integral part of USAID/Senegal’s new Economic Growth For All (EG4ALL) Project (2018-2023), which aims to reduce poverty and undernourishment among beneficiaries via increased incomes, consumption of nutritious and safe diets, and environmental capital.
The Market Systems Manager will serve as a key member of the program’s technical and leadership teams and is specifically responsible for developing and delivering interventions in output and input market systems to will improve livelihoods, agricultural outcomes, nutrition and food security of rural households. This will be achieved by sustainably improving nutrition and reducing poverty through the integration of agriculture, nutrition and related market systems.
– Provide technical leadership, oversight and capacity development in establishing ACDI/VOCA’s nutrition-focused agricultural production and input/output market system activities.
– Utilize market facilitation approaches to strengthen input and output market systems, and increase access to and affordability of nutritious food in markets.
– Output market systems activities span from production through end markets, including production and marketing of nutritious foods.
– Analyze all aspects of relevant agricultural market systems related to inputs, services and, targeted nutrition-rich crop, livestock and/or aquaculture commodities, from inputs/services through end markets.
– Address priorities related to productivity increases of nutrient-rich foods that diversify diets, support positive changes in household nutrition and establish/strengthen output market linkages to encourage and support increased production and income generation.
– Ensure programming supports is aligned with environmental sustainability and climate change objectives and principles
– Ensure programming supports inclusive growth, with attention to ensuring equitable benefits for women, youth, the very poor, hired labor and other marginalized populations
– Engage private sector partners to foster sector buy-in and program sustainability
– Develop opportunities to improve agriculture trade related to nutrition dense foods across the value chain.
– Advise on access to credit and other agricultural trade issues.
– Provide advice and counsel on relevant Senegalese agriculture and trade policies.
– Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables.
– Lead the development of workplans and periodic written program reports in the market systems area.
– Collaborate internally and externally to synthesize, share and apply learning
– Ensure productive relationships with ACDI/VOCA, implementing partners and donor.
– Serve as program representative at relevant conferences, stakeholder and donor meetings as requested.
– Masters degree in agribusiness or related field required, plus eight years of prior work experience in international development or related field, including at least five years of work experience in the agriculture trade and rural development sector.
-Prior management experience required.
– Experience working with agricultural market systems, value chains, rural producers and farmers’ associations and applied knowledge of nutrition sensitive production approaches.
– Experience leading market systems activities in projects using the M4P or inclusive market systems approaches, including the use of facilitation tactics and adaptive management
– Experience integrating nutrition, gender environmental issues in market systems programs
– Comprehensive knowledge of agriculture trade programs and policies, agriculture trade and food policies, land tenure, and macroeconomic, legal, and policy framework as related to agriculture trade development.
– Knowledge of Senegalese agriculture trade policies and laws preferred.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Fluency in French required; Fluency in English preferred.
Please apply online at https:
No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Coordonnées de l’offre