Entreprise/Structure: Chemonics / USAID
Ville, Pays: Burkina Faso
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 10 ans ou plus
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 30-06-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : PSMBurkinaFasoRecruit@gmail.com
Chemonics seeks an operations director for USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management project. The project’s goal is to procure and provide health commodities for USAID’s health programs, including HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, and maternal and child health, as well as to provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Burkina Faso. The operations director will play a lead role in developing and implementing comprehensive finance and management policies and procedures, and will directly supervise finance and administration staff. This position will be based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, with expected local and international travel of up to 20 percent. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee administration of human resources, logistics, and procurement
- Coordinate project procurements in full compliance with all applicable USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ internal policies and procedures, including documenting competition among vendors, ensuring payments are made in a timely manner, and assisting in writing subcontracts
- Ensure that key management systems are properly used and periodically reconciled
- Oversee all aspects of project-sponsored conferences, training activities, and events, including booking hotels, preparing and distributing materials, and other logistics
- Manage project assets, including keeping regular and updated inventory
- Provide supervision, assistance, and capacity building to other members of the operations team, including the finance and administration manager, travel and logistics assistant, and receptionist
- Assist in recruitment and onboarding processes
- Provide financial oversight in the absence of the operations director
- Perform other tasks as directed by the operations director
- Maintain a strong knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Support the achievement of overall project goals as required to ensure project performance
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or other relevant field
- Minimum 12 years of experience in management positions in the public or private sector
- Minimum six years of experience working on USAID projects, preferably with responsibilities in procurement, subcontracts, and operations
- Demonstrated success in managing programs of similar magnitude and complexity, working collaboratively with diverse teams, and communicating effectively
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent French and advanced English required
Send electronic submissions to PSMBurkinaFasoRecruit@gmail.com by June 30, 2016. Please submit your CV and cover letter with « Operations Director – Burkina Faso » in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only « Operations Director – PSM Burkina Faso » in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check « I do not wish to complete the information requested. » Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.