University of Glasgow African Excellence Fee Waiver 2017 – 2018
Deadline: December 16, March 16 & June 16, 2017
University of Glasgow is offering scholarships worth the full tuition fee of a one year Masters programme to offer holders from Africa. At Glasgow, eligible candidates will benefit from its extensive knowledge, state-of-the-art facilities and pioneering teaching methods. Studying at Glasgow will prepare you for a wide variety of careers that are in demand internationally.
This scholarship is open to applicants from Africa applying to all on-campus Masters programmes . Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application for admission and must:
- be resident in Africa at time of applying have completed a first degree in Africa
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a degree equivalent to a UK 2:1 Hons or better
Eight scholarships worth full tuition fee will be awarded.
How to Apply
Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit. Applicants who are being considered will be notified within the timeframes below. There is no separate application form required.
Offer holders who are being considered for the scholarship will be contacted and asked to submit a 400 word personal statement detailing:
- why you have selected the programme at the University of Glasgow
- why you merit the funded-place (e.g academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc)
- Your personal statement should be around 400 words and include your full name and applicant number.
- Applicants holding a programme offer by 1 December will receive their scholarship outcome by 16 December
- Applicants holding a programme offer by 1 March will receive their scholarship outcome by 16 March
- Applicants holding a programme offer by 1 June will receive their scholarship outcome by 16 June
For more information, visit University of Glasgow