United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) Internship 2017 – Turin, Italy (Stipend Available)
Deadline: September 10, 2017
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)’s Learning Lab is looking for an intern to help with several leadership and management training programmes being developed for UN middle and senior managers. These programmes often consist of both online and face-to-face parts.
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in instructional design and educational technology, and gain understanding of the UN work and the development of learning programmes for UN personnel. The incumbent will report to a Course Coordinator and contribute to the design, development, coordination and evaluation of these learning programmes.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of e-learning products
- Assist resource persons on how to use technology and better conduct online courses
- Publish and update content on UNSSC learning platform (Moodle)
- Design questionnaires to measure learning impact
- Perform learning analytics, compile and visualize data, and code qualitative data
- Create video and multimedia content to support learning programmes
- Organize webinars for participants while coordinating with professors and content experts
- Assist with administrative tasks as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Post Title: E-learning Development Intern
Duration: 6 months (starting as soon as possible)
Duty Station: UNSSC Turin, Italy
Organizational unit:Learning Lab
Remuneration: 450€ per month
Cost and benefits
UNSSC will provide a monthly stipend of 450€. However, please note the following:
- Interns are responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements and for obtaining the necessary visa for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned.
- UNSSC will facilitate the process of obtaining entry visas for countries of assignment.
- The intern is responsible for ensuring that he/she has all the prescribed vaccinations for travel to the assigned duty station. Interns are also responsible to obtain medical insurance coverage in accordance with the requirements for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned.
- The cost of travel, visa, accommodation, vaccines, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of interns.
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme. in instructional design, adult education, communication, web design, graphic design or other related areas from an accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience is not required.
- Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in qualitative data analysis is an asset.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
- Mobile app development experience is an asset.
Other skills and competencies:
Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02. Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 006”
UNSSC provides a work environment that reflects the core values of the United Nations: integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity.
For more information, visit UNSSC Internship.