United Nations Democracy Fund Grant 2016
Deadline: December 18, 2016
The United Nations Democracy Fund invites civil society organizations to apply for project funding. UNDEF supports projects that strengthen the voice of civil society, promote human rights, and encourage the participation of all groups in democratic processes. The large majority of UNDEF funds go to local civil society organizations. In this way, UNDEF plays a distinct role in complementing the UN’s other work – the work with Governments – to strengthen democratic governance around the world.
- Women’s rights and empowerment / Gender equality;
- Community activism;
- Rule of law and human rights;
- Youth engagement;
- Strengthening civil society capacity for interaction with Government;
- Media and freedom of information;
- Tools for knowledge.
- Applicants can request a grant of a minimum of 100,000 US dollars and a maximum of 300,000 US dollars per project.
Open to all civil societies around the world.
Begin your application here.