Unicef hires 01 Human Resources Officer (Sourcing and Recruitment Planning), NO 2 Fixed Term UNICEF WCARO
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 19 Septembre 2017
Description de l’offre
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Strategic Recruitment Planning
2. Outreach and sourcing
3. Population of functional talent groups
4. Evaluation of effectiveness of surge assignments
5. Monitoring and Reporting on relevant KPIs
Strategic Recruitment Planning
• Supports the development of recruitment plans for the short and medium term by drawing information from human resources data and country office staffing plans based on their submissions to the Technical Review Committee (TRT).
• Coordinate, consolidate, review and analyze surge needs in emergencies by utilizing Operational Staffing Matrix (OSM) tool to conduct trend and bottlenecks analysis and share reports with supervisor as required.
• Coordinate e-migration and maintenance of the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) roster.
• Identify, screen and maintain a regional emergency response capacity of staff members in relevant functional areas to rapidly deploy to emergencies.
• Liaise with the emergency unit, DHR, regarding status of surge capacity requests, candidate availability and staff mobilization throughout the region.
• Population of functional talent groups
In close collaboration with Regional Advisers and respective Cos Section Chief, determine the talent needs of each functional area by categories and level
• Develop, launch and vacancies announcements
• Outreach and Sourcing
• Research potential innovative recruitment sources for attracting external and internal talent for emergency deployment
• Collaborate with DHR and emergency unit for sharing ideas on improving UNICEF’s employment brand.
• Build and sustain effective collaborative working relationships with other UN agencies through active sharing of information and knowledge.
• Participate in appropriate inter-agency HR meetings/events to collaborate/consult on emergency HR operational planning and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF practices with the UN system partners’ best practices and approaches.
• Evaluation of effectiveness of surge assignments
• Monitor, analyze and evaluate staff mobilization during different emergency responses. Draft and circulate updates on the progress being made.
• Collects and monitors feedback from clients on the procedures, policies and frameworks for delivering emergency human resources deployments.
• In close collaboration with CO HR practitioners, track the performance of deployed staff by reviewing and uploading their performance evaluation reports.
• Ensure knowledge management by drafting lessons learned and best practice documents
Impact of Results
The incumbent of the position of HR Officer (Strategic HR Planning and Sourcing), NO-2 will contribute to ensuring proactive and quality filling of vacant positions, rapid staffing scale-up in emergencies and also accelerate the closing of diversity gaps (gender, nationality). This directly impacts on the ability of the organization to recruit, retain, develop and compensate qualified and highly motivated staff members performing efficiently and effectively in support of its programs and operations.
This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility of UNICEF as an effective employer of highly qualified and performing staff members in support of the delivery of results of its mission, goals and objectives
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have the required combination of:
University degree in either Human Resources, International Relations, Business Administration, or other relevant social science is required.
Two years of relevant professional work experience in Human resources management is required. Background/familiarity with Humanitarian Action in emergencies is desired. Experience with various Information Technologies and Social Media recruitment strategies, and Statistical Analysis is an advantage.
Fluency in both English and French is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
• Diversity and inclusion
• Communication [II] • Drive for Result [I] • Working With People [II]
• Analyzing [I] • Applying Technical Expertise [II] • Following Instructions and Procedures [II] • Planning and Organizing [I] • Relating & Networking (I)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply?
Please, click on the link below if you are interested in this job position:
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Unicef is a non smoking environment.
Closing Date Tue Sep 19 2017 22:55:00 GMT+0000 (Maroc)
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
Click on the link below