The DALBERG hires 01 Project Manager
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 03 Octobre 2017
Description de l’offre
Descriptif du poste
Job Code: 368
Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing tailored frameworks that address a client’s specific challenges.
You excel in solving problems using evidence-based, strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming the organizations that fund and instigate change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical Qualifications For a Project Manager In Dakar
• Minimum 1 year experience managing high-performing teams
• Masters in Business Administration or Graduate degree in relevant field with excellent academic record preferred
• 4 years of experience framing and analyzing solutions
• Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
• A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
• Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and/ or private sector
• Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
• Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
• Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
• Demonstrated fluency in French speaking and writing skills required
Your Role And How You Will Create Impact
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drives teams.
As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Leaders deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide.
With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
• Lead project teams in disaggregating problems and providing solutions to address them
• Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
• Manage work streams and provide direction
• Coach, manage and support junior team members
• Oversee the quality of client deliverables
• Actively contribute to Dalberg’s firm-building initiatives
About Our Clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day.
We create value for clients focused on social impact by using on-the-ground research and rigorous business analysis to help governments, foundations, international agencies, NGOs, and corporations develop strategies and assess programs in areas such as access to finance, inclusive growth, global health, and energy and the environment.
Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
Join Our Team!
Our current opportunities are in Dakar
Please submit your application at
Your application should include a resume, cover letter and a short essay. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
In Addition To Your Cover Letter, Please Respond To ONE Of The Following Questions (and Limit Your Response To Less Than 500 Words)
• What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
• How can an effective, innovative solution from a developing country context be scaled to additional regions/countries to improve standards of living?
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test their consulting skills through case questions, and to discuss their interests and experience. As the interviews progress to the second and final rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg office.
Dalberg is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
Click on the link below