TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2017 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: January 17, 2017
TechWomen empowers, connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East by providing them the access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and inspire women and girls in their communities. Through mentorship and exchange, TechWomen strengthens participants’ professional capacity, increases mutual understanding between key networks of professionals, and expands girls’ interest in STEM careers by exposing them to female role models.
The following costs are covered by the TechWomen program:
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in San Francisco or Mountain View, California during the mentorship
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stay in Washington, D.C.
- Ground transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
Participants are responsible for the cost of any non program activities such as independent sightseeing and cultural events, as well as any non program-related domestic or international travel.
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement;
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program;
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa;
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years;
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
The deadline to submit this application is 09:00AM PST (GMT-08:00), Janurary 17, 2017.
For more information, visit TechWomen Program.