Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award 2017
Deadline: July 31, 2017
The call for applications for the Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award is ongoing. The Award targets young entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial individuals who challenge technological or social needs in the real world. The Takeda Foundation believes that the challenging activities of young individuals trying to address real technological and social needs will lead to the creation of goods and services that enhance the well-being of people throughout the world, which is the mission of the Foundation. The Takeda Foundation solicits innovative projects and challenges that will benefit people.
The Awardee will be selected from among the candidates who apply for the Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award. Candidates should submit an application paper describing the background of the targeted issue, and his or her ideas for a solution to address that issue. They are also requested to submit a supporting report written by an individual who receives benefit from the solution. The Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award will be given to the individuals who propose the most creative and promising projects with a high potential for enhancing the well being of people at the site.
- The recipient of the Best Entrepreneur Award will receive a diploma, plaque and monetary prize of 1,000,000 Japanese yen;
- Each recipient of the Entrepreneur Award will receive a diploma, plaque and a monetary prize of 200,000 Japanese yen.
- Open to young entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial individuals who challenge technological or social needs in the real world;
- Applicant should be under 40 years old as of April 1, 2017;
- Participation is not restricted. Everybody can apply, regardless of gender, affiliation, and nationality.
Please register here before you submit the application form. You will receive your reception number and an address for submission of your application form.
- A URL for downloading the Application form will be sent to you after registration;
- Application Form should include the items listed below:
- Applicant Information should be included in the application form
- The application form contains Project Description which should include the following items (within 1000 English words in total). Figures or tables can be attached if they are within 3 pages.
- Background (Technological or/and social needs, and social impact)
- Solutions (Technical solutions and business model, competitiveness with other solutions, advantages (benefits/cost), etc.)
- Attempt (How seriously are you involved in your project? What are the milestones for this project? Do you expect any public funds? Have you organized any groups to develop your project?)
- Supporting report: Please ask beneficiaries (at least one) to describe within 300 words the kinds and degree of benefit he or she expects to receive when your project is achieved. Please keep in mind that supporting reports are not a recommendation letter from your mentor. They are reports from individuals who will receive benefits from your project. If you produce goods or service, then consumers will be your beneficiaries.
For more information, visit Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award.