SOS Villages d’enfants recrute 01 Head of Institutional Partnership Development (IPD)
|Entreprise/Structure: SOS Villages d’Enfants International, une Organisation Internationale de développement social
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 6 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 30-11-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : email@example.com
Détails de l’offre:
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development organisation working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children having lost or at risk of losing parental care.
SOS Children’s Villages International works through member associations in over 133 countries worldwide.
The International Regional Office for West and Central Africa (WCAF) directly supports Member Associations (MAs) in 18 of these countries and is currently seeking an
Head of Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) -Dakar based-
Mission of the position:
· Support the implementation and alignment of WCAF with the new global IPD Strategy and SOS International’s 2030 Strategy driving MA led applications as a priority
· Support IPD capacity building within WCAF and priority MAs in order to increase institutional funding and partnerships in the region.
· Represent IOR WCAF for IPD in Federation wide and External fora
· Contribute to Federation wide projects and pilots contributing with WCAF lessons learned
· Manage a team of staff based in Dakar and in the region driving quality and winning proposals
· Identify funding opportunities within the region. Initiate and maintain a market monitoring mechanism aligned with and complementary to international processes.
· Work together with MA stakeholders in initiating contacts and forging partnerships with institutional donors, representing the organisation’s aims and objectives.
· Support MAs in preparing high level funding proposals that meet donor requirements
· Provide technical and coordination support to individual application/ funding processes according to needs.
· Monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting by MAs making sure that donor requirements are met also during the project implementation phase.
· Where appropriate and relevant develop and maintain good relationships with donors at regional level through ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
· Contribute relevant information for the global IPD strategy and plans.
· Create synergies and ensure collaborative relationships with Emergencies, Programme and Management with regards to funding and partnership opportunities
· Develop the capacity of local staff with a view to understanding the development cooperation and humanitarian aid fields, including donor politics and policies as well as solid understanding of “international development” concepts;
· Train local staff in Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach (LFA) and other relevant tools of the Institutional Funding Practical Guide.
· Manage an IPD team and any other regionally based PSA funded Multi Country Project Coordinators
Experience, technical qualifications and personal skills:
· High exposure to public funding processes and institutional donors.
· At least 6 years’ experience of project management, planning and budgeting processes
· At least 5 years’ experience working in the West and Central Africa region
· Strong interest in international development agenda and issues associated with developing countries.
· Proven experience in Project Cycle Management and with the use of Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
· Proven experience in proposal writing for institutional funding, such as EU, USAID, BMZ, CIDA
· Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Good command of written and verbal English and French; Spanish/and or Portuguese desirable (to be mentioned in the application)
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (detailed CV, cover letter and three examples of grants which you have successfully secured (donor, amount, countries, application type) with the position title in the subject line, to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.