SOS Children’s Villages International is is seeking 01 Director of Finance & Controlling (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking for our Regional Office WCAF a dynamic Director of Finance & Controlling (f/m) International Office Region West & Central Africa
The Director of Finance & Controlling (FC) drives GSC support and development in the areas of FC in West and Central Africa in order to support the achievement of organizational goals. He/she works closely with Member Associations (MAs) to manage financial risks in the Region on an on-going basis, focusing on accountability in the use of resources and sustainability as per the federation-wide funding model. He/she leads the FC network in the region and works towards roll-out and execution of global policies, processes and projects and their translation into regional requirements where necessary. He/she enables transparency, accountability as well as the efficient and proper use of funds in the Region.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Lead, develop and support the Regional FC team as line manager (direct reports) as well as the Regional FC Network supporting crQss-national knowledge sharing, steering regional and MA developments and ensuring capacity building;
- Lead regional financial planning and budgeting and contribute to regional support planning strategy;
- Consolidate the MAs budgets and endorse for approval by International Director WCAF;
- Act as objective leader for global and regional assigned objectives/actions;
- Give management steering support on regional level;
- Participate and be proactive in the Regional Management Team meetings and works;
- Participate in the development and update of financial policies and quality standards and implement these policies;
- Monitor regional financial crisis management and reduce risks for the federation;
- Where required act as objective leader to allocate and coordinate the regional funds and endorse to the International Director WCAF for approval
- Monitor Promoting & Supporting Association (PSA) portfolio management in the region
- Coordinate, monitor and consolidate the regional budgeting process
- Coordinate and monitor regional accounting process
- Coordinate and monitor compliance to SOS CVI internal processes;
- Monitor funds transfer process in the region
- Monitor implementation and user support for the SOS controlling system LUCY, the accounting and HR software Dynamics NAV and the Budget Entry Tool on regional level.
- Several years of Finance Management experience in a leadership position in an international setting and degree level education in a relevant subject;
- Ability to build strong relationships/networks and to work and cooperate effectively and in a spirit of partnership with line of command, peers, partners, stakeholders, and others who are not in the line of command;
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools;
- Proven implementation skills and a can-do approach;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience in change management processes;
- Fluent/Very good verbal and written English and French.
- Diverse, creative and challenging tasks in an international working environment;
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of MAs in the –
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by September 16th latest to email@example.com
This vacancy will however remain open until we find suitable profiles.