UN SDG Action Challenge Awards 2018 for Individuals and Organizations Worldwide – Bonn, Germany
Deadline: January 15, 2018
Applications are now open for the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards 2018. The UN SDG Action Challenge Awards recognize outstanding achievement and innovative efforts to promote action on the Sustainable Development Goals. This awards program aims to find these change-makers and celebrate achievements being made in every corner of the earth, which all form a critical contribution to the international sustainable development movement.
The Awards is for innovators, mobilizers, connectors, storytellers, communicators, visualizers and includers from across the Globe! Members of the global SDG community will be invited to enter their projects, initiatives, networks and people for the chance win a UN SDG Action Challenge Award at the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards Ceremony on 21st March 2018 during the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development in Bonn, Germany (21-23 March 2018). Where applicable, award winners will also be invited to offer practical, hands-on workshop sessions at the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development to share their skills and good practices with participants.
- Mobilizer: This award goes to the team that demonstrates greatest successes with mobilizing citizens or volunteers to act for the SDGs.
- Storyteller: This award goes to the team that captures powerful human stories to help communicate the importance of the SDGs to people’s lives.
- Communicator: This award is for the most creative or impactful communications campaign (local/national/international) to raise awareness about the SDGs and/or people’s voices and role in SDG action.
- Visualizer: This award goes to the most innovative or impactful use of MY World or other citizen voices data to communicate with government or the public.
- Innovator: This award goes to the most creative and innovative use of new technologies for communicating SDGs.
- connector: This award goes to the team/person with that demonstrates innovative or impactful ways to bring multiple stakeholders together, or building networks, towards SDG Action.
- Includer: Leave No One Behind – This award goes to the group who make the most extraordinary and impactful effort to ensure that excluded groups become part of the SDG dialogue and implementation in their community.
Shortlisted finalists will be invited to join us at the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development from 21st-23rd March 2018, in Bonn, Germany.
They will receive invitations to join the event as speakers and participants, but would be required to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
- The Awards are open to individuals, civil society organizations, local governments and others who are taking actions to advance the 2030 Agenda.
- Each submission will be evaluated against the degree to which actions were deemed to be transformative, inclusive and impactful.
Submissions will be reviewed by expert group panels, with an additional award – the People’s Choice Award, being selected by attendees at the Festival in advance of the awards ceremony.
For more information, visit UN SDG Action Challenge Awards.