Riau International Youth Summit 2016 in Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia
Deadline: November 15, 2016
Applications are invited for the 2016 Riau International Youth Summit in Indonesia taking place in Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia from November 24th – 28th 2016. The Summit is designed for young people from over the world to foster mutual understanding through dialogue and to deliberate development issues in our and their own country. It is a collaboration of Youth and Sport Department of Riau Province, PCMI Riau, and KNPI in bringing together 150 youths who have brilliant ideas, creativity, and innovation.
The summit engages selected youth into discussion and evidence sharing of youth work in their homeland. Moreover, the summit encourages the participants to work on issues from topics available, namely Education and Youth Entrepreneurship. The output from the summit will be developed to be appropriate strategies to address issues of above mentioned subjects to local government or to be continuously executed individually or together by the summit participants.
The RIYS 2016 theme is “International Youth Movement” with sub-themes:
- Youth Entrepreneurship: Creative Industry
- Education: Creative Learning
The goals of this program are to introduce Riau as a gathering place for youths with creativity and innovative ideas, find solutions to the problem have been sub-themes and establish cooperation among the youths all over the world.
The facilities that will be provided by the committee during the program are :
- Accommodation, food and local transportation
- Certificate for all participants
- Reward for many categories
*Participant only has to pay for air travel fare from their respective country to Pekanbaru
- Best essay sub-theme: Youth Entrepreneur $375
- Best essay sub-theme: Education $375
- Best participant: Medal + merchandise + certificate
- Best action plans project: Medal + merchandise + certificate
- Best culture performance: Medal + merchandise + certificate
- Public participants, youth aged 20-30 years old from across the world. Indonesian citizens proved with valid KTP and foreigners proved with valid ID Card or passport;
- Must have graduated from Senior High School or equal institution;
- Must be mentally and physically fine and fit to follow the program;
- Must possess clean criminal record;
- Must be able to communicate actively in English. The language used during the summit is English;
- Must be willing to be an active and positive participant to involve in discussions;
- Must commit to follow local arranged rules to ensure the program run well;
- Actively involved in an organisation, a local or social project would be also considered.
- The applicant must fill out the RIYS 2016 form available at the official site of PCMI Riau.
- The applicant must submit a max. 500 word essay in English related to the one of RIYS 2016 sub-themes. The best essay will be granted for a prize and the chosen sub-theme must be clearly stated;
- The essay must be original, must contain self-opinion and ideas and has never been published. Submitted essay will be privilege for the RIYS 2016 organiser;
- Absolute essay judgment will be done professionally and it can’t be disobeyed.
- Complete the online application via bit.ly/RIYS2016form
For more information, visit Riau International Youth Summit.