Reach Oxford Undergraduate Scholarship 2017 – Oxford University
Deadline: February 15, 2017
Oxford University invites applications for the annual Reach Oxford Scholarships. A number of Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) are offered to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because suitable educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees and college fees, a grant for living expenses and one return air fare per year3 or 4 years depending on course length
- Applicants must be nationals of countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD):
- This scholarship is applicable towards all subjects in the course listing, except medicine.
- This scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and who are of the highest academic ability. Financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies. Priority will be given to students who have not studied at undergraduate level before.
- Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Rep.; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Côte d’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. Rep.; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Rep.; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Samoa; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syria; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
You must have made an application to the University through UCAS by 15 October 2016 and be successful in gaining a place.
- You will then need to complete the scholarship application form, select ‘Reach Oxford Scholarship’ in Section A, and answer the following three questions in Section E;
- Financial Need: Why are you applying for this scholarship and how will it enable you to study at Oxford? Please include information about your financial situation with reference to the figures provided in Section D.
- Social Commitment: How would you use the education you receive at Oxford for the benefit of your community? Please include details of any relevant activities you are currently involved in.
- Educational Facilities: What opportunities are available in your own country to study your chosen subject at
For more information, visit Reach Oxford Scholarships.