Le Programme Alimentaire Mondiale recrute 01 Sr Programme Associate (Vulnerability Analysis Mapping), G7
Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 29-04-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Sr Programme Associate (Vulnerability Analysis Mapping), G7
Area of expertise: Programme & policy
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
Closing date: 29 April 2017, 01:59 GMT
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
(Open to Senegalese nationals and ECOWAS nationals)
Title: Senior Programme Associate (Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Vacancy type: External
Duration: 1 year- Renewable
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West Africa (RBD)
Closing date of application: Tuesday 28th April 2017
DESCRIPTION: The Senior Programme Associate (VAM) will undertake secondary data collection and analysis in support of WFP’s food assistance programmes by providing technical support to Country Offices in the region in data analysis and food security and market assessments.
Under the leadership of the head of VAM Unit, and the direct supervision of the Regional Markets Advisor the Senior Programme Associate (VAM) will have the following responsibilities:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
• Contribute to the development of VAM projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and guidance;
• Monitor the data collection procedures (sampling, training, data collection) and quality-checks of data ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
• Support the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practices;
• Provide assistance on the coordination of data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained ;
• Liaise constantly with Country Offices, regional partners and national organizations for data collection and sharing;
• Collect, archive, document and maintain key secondary data on food security, markets, gender, nutrition, and health that may be collected by Government and partner agencies;
• Undertake analyses of food security, markets and vulnerability related datasets;
• Contribute to VAM/food security reports and other information products by providing outputs derived from statistical analyses and quantitative data, both in French and in English;
• Provide technical support to Country Offices and partners on food security issues so to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practices;
• Provide proactive support in timely write-up and editing for documents produced (assessment reports, bulletins, guidelines, etc.);
• Perform any other duties deemed fit by the direct supervisor;
Critical Success Factors:
• Extensive and in-depth practical knowledge of statistical analysis.
• Sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyze, synthesize, format data, edit/format documents and present findings clearly and concisely;
• Strong writing and oral skills in both French and English;
• Ability to work with minimum of supervision; to supervise and train support staff and to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to manage a multi task workload and to be flexible to altering priorities in order to meet tight deadlines and to deliver quality products.
Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Ethics & Value;
Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results;
Functional Competencies: Data Analysis; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing following Instructions and Procedure;
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of several statistical tools (SPSS, SAS etc.) and methods for food security, market and gender analysis will be an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher;
• Developed practical expertise in food security analysis and mapping by participating in multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection, analysis and report writing will be an asset;
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of WFP vulnerability mapping systems and emergency assessment standards will be an asset;
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
Has participated in implementing technical programs (i.e. Project Analysis, etc.).
Has implemented programmes with increased level of responsibility.
Has provided input to policy discussions.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Proficiency (level C) of French and at least intermediate level of English is required.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted