Population Reference Bureau Women’s Edition-Africa 2017 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: January 31, 2017
The Population Reference Bureau (PRB) is inviting applications to its new Women’s Edition-Africa program. Women’s Edition brings together senior-level women journalists—editors, reporters, and producers—to examine important topics related to women’s reproductive health and development. Women’s Edition offers a unique opportunity to become part of an international network of leading women journalists interested in women’s health and development.
PRB will select 10 to 12 women journalists from several low-income countries in sub-Saharan Africa to participate in a weeklong seminar and study tour on the continent in April 2017. Successful participants from this group will be invited to another seminar/study tour in 2017, when they will be joined by an equal number of women journalists from South Asia.
- PRB will cover all seminar expenses, including travel, lodging, and meals.
Open to intrepid women journalists who:
- Report from USAID priority countries on the African continent—the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia;
- Hold an influential editorial positionsenior-level editor, reporter, or producer—with a leading media outlet that has a large audience, such as a national or regional newspaper, magazine, or broadcast station. Freelancers and bloggers may apply but must provide a letter of support from a news organization indicating that it will publish or broadcast their work;
- Demonstrate interest in women’s health, development, and population issues and a commitment to covering these topics;
- Can communicate comfortably and effectively in English during the seminars, though they may write or broadcast in any language.
After you open the document, please save it to your own computer before you fill out the application. To be considered, applicants must submit all of the information and material requested. Questions about the program or the application process may be sent to WomensEditionAfrica2017@prb.org .
For more information, visit Women’s Edition Africa.