PNUD Sénégal recrute 01 Advisory and Technical support on DRR and Resilience Building in West and Central Africa
Entreprise/Structure: The UNDP
Ville, Pays: Dakar, SENEGAL
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 4
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 8 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 20-09-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
RSC/IC/2016/032 – Recruitment of Advisory and Technical support on DRR and Resilience Building in West and Central Africa
Application Deadline : 20-Sep-16 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Crisis Response
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English French
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 months
The UNDP Regional Service Center for Africa (RSC/A) provides policy advice and operational support to UNDP country offices in Africa, regional economic commissions and other regional organizations in support of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The achievement of the 17 sustainable development goals, in particular those of poverty reduction, economic growth and industrialization, energy, health, food security, agriculture, water and sanitation, cities, peace and security, gender equity and ecosystems protection, are under threat from climate change and disasters. UNDP promotes an integrated approach to assist countries in addressing climate and disaster risks and promote resilient development. The UNDP Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction Team (CDT) is recruiting a consultant to support the implementation of regional and multi-country initiatives and provide direct advisory and programmatic support to countries in west and Central Africa on Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate Risk Management, Recovery and resilience building related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
The scope of this assignment is to provide advisory and programmatic support to countries in West and Central Africa. The assignment foresees the engagement with both national governments and regional economic commissions on the continent on issues related to climate change and disaster risk reduction.
Under the direct guidance of the team leader of the Climate Change & Disaster Risk Reduction and Environment cluster, based in the UNDP Regional Service Centre in Addis Ababa, the consultant will specifically perform the following tasks:
• Provide programmatic support to the development of a multi-country funding proposal for strengthening disaster risk reduction and preparedness capacities at national and local level in 5 Sahel countries, including: support the UNDP Country Offices to engage with governments to identify clear deliverables; design the results and resource framework with specific and measurable targets, indicators and baselines; engage with bilateral and multilateral partners to mobilize additional resources; adjust the funding proposal in the donor format;
• Provide programmatic support to the development of a multi-country funding proposal for the strengthening of crisis management and preparedness capacities at national and local level in 2 Ebola affected countries, including: support the UNDP Country Offices to engage with governments to identify clear deliverables; engage with the conflict and energy team to ensure linkages in the Post Ebola recovery programming; design the results and resource framework with targets, indicators and baselines; engage with bilateral and multilateral partners to mobilize additional resources;
• Support the roll-out of the ‘5-10-50’ DRR Partnership Initiative in participating West and Central African countries, in collaboration with governments, partners and RBA; provide guidance and technical support to UNDP Country Offices in facilitating partner dialogues and priority setting; contribute to the preparation of ‘5-10-50’ country fact sheets; and support progress monitoring.
• Coordinate the implementation of a joint partnership initiative with UNISDR on the institutionalization of disaster loss and damage databases and the organization of policy dialogues on investment in disaster risk reduction in 6 countries including: support the identification of national consultants; provide guidance to UNDP Country Office on the preparation of country policy dialogues; support the organization of the country policy dialogues; provide strategic inputs to the development of the country reports.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills to handle and effectively prioritize multiple tasks, to be carried out in an efficient manner;
• Ability to produce timely, quality outputs;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, commitment to team work and to working across disciplines;
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a positive attitude;
• Full computer literacy, specially office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
• Exercises sound judgment/analysis; and
• Develops creative solutions.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Demonstrates discretion and observe confidentiality;
• Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modeling the UN/UNDP?s values and ethical standards; and
• Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in Disaster Management, Climate Change or Environment science or a closely related field or programme; and
• Demonstrated knowledge of climate change and disaster issues is required.
• At least 8 years of work experience in the design and management of DRR / CC / Environmental projects with an international organizations;
• Previous experience in advisory positions in the area of climate change, DRR or environment will be considered a distinctive advantage;
• Experience in the conduct of study/research in the area of DRR, CC and Environment;
• Demonstrated ability and experience to take initiative and work in an independent manner; and
• Proven experience in the organization of international events.
• Excellent knowledge of English and French – speaking and writing – is a requirement.
• Download both TOR and IC Proposal Submission Form from the following link: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=32642
• Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto; and
• Group of Individuals and/or Firms are not eligible for this consultancy assignment (open only for individual consultant)
The following proposals must be prepared as per the IC Proposal Submission Instructions. The Proposals shall be submitted before application deadline September 20, 2016 via UNDP Ethiopia Secured mail address: email@example.com
•Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: RSC-IC-2016-032 – TP – [insert your name] •Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: RSC-IC-2016-032 – FP – [insert your name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size.
•A candidate applying only by uploading CV to this job site will not be considered. Instead, both Technical and Financial Proposals shall be submitted to UNDP Secured email: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Those prospect consultants who fail to submit both Technical and Financial proposals as per the standard format and to the designated secured email will not be further considered for evaluation.
•Please group all your documents
Email subject line while submitting proposal:
•While submitting your proposals to email@example.com be sure your email subject line is RSC-IC-2016-032 in order to let our Office easily locate your respective proposals from secured email and be considered in subsequent evaluations.
Apply here: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=68396
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org