Plan International recrute 01 Project Officer –
Child and Youth Friendly City
|Entreprise/Structure: Plan International
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 25-12-2017
Publié le 12/12/2017 à 16h23min06s
Détails de l’offre:
Opportunités de carrière : Project Officer – Child and Youth Friendly City (Dakar Urbain) (24601)
Plan International is an independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations organization, that works in 52 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
The project officer of the Child friendly city project will be responsible for coordinating, planning and ensuring the efficient et effective management of the project as per donors’ requirements. S/he is also responsible of the monitoring of the project performance indicator in the three area of intervention in line with Plan International Strategy and the SAP.
About the role
Under the supervision of the program unit manager, the incumbent manages the project budget and monitors the execution according to the performance standards assigned to the Dakar Urbain PU. S/he is ultimately responsible for the capitalization and dissemination of project activities at the level of the program unit.
Typical responsibilities and key end results
– Ensure the effective participation of stakeholders in the various planning, implementation and monitoring-evaluation of the activities of the project
– Ensure the participation of young people in the management of activities at the municipal level;
– Prepare the budgets related to the activities and operational cost of the project and ensure that they are carried out within the required deadlines.
– Support the organization in the realization of case studies, documenting the project and the learning of the successful experiences
– Facilitate the process of selecting suppliers and providers (TOR elaboration, call for tenders, selection and contracting, memorandum of understanding, etc.) in accordance with internal procedures.
– Supervise the activities of the partners such as ADMG and EVE and ensure the correct execution of their missions as per the performance indicators.
– Set up mechanisms to facilitate the adherence and participation of all stakeholders during the design, implementation and monitoring of project activities.
– Support the organization and conduct of advocacy initiatives at local and regional level with Plan International Senegal
– Ensure that periodic reports are produced in a timely manner and in line with the commitments of the organization
– Monitor project progress and compile quarterly reports (with ADMG community leaders and EVE program managers) to be presented and approved by the project coordinating committee and submitted to DNO on behalf of DANIDA
– Be an active member of the project coordination committee and the project management team
– Take part in exchange visits, evaluation and monitoring workshops and the final project evaluation workshop;
– Ensure the availability of all documents for the final audit of the project as well as the annual audits
– Ensure that reports are received within the set deadline (monthly, quarterly and annual);
– Ensure that appropriate mechanisms and frameworks are in place to ensure effective implementation and integration of Plan International Child Protection
Dealing with problems
Draw the attention of the PUM whenever there is a drift in the implementation of a project and inform the MER for the follow-up of the decision taken.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
– At least a Master’s or equivalent degree in Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Planning and Project Management
– At least five (5) experience in project and program management Urban planning;
– Demonstrated experience in the design, construction and maintenance of urban infrastructure;
– Proven experience in carrying out activities aimed at strengthening the economic power of poor communities and individuals, including civil society organizations or grassroots community organizations to improve access to basic infrastructure, sanitation and hygiene;
– Experience of networking and collaboration with various stakeholders, including the State, local authorities, technical services and community actors.
– Gender and advocacy experience.
– Strong computer skills with demonstrated skills in the use of common word processing, framing and presentation software; knowledge of data management software would be an advantage.
– Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills to analyze, prioritize, take initiatives and deliver on time.
– Ability to take initiative
– Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in French and English
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Capacity to develop partner organisations
– Offer technical support in youth governance programming, urban methodology development and documentation and learning.
– Documentation and learning processes, including monitoring and reporting, on-going urban mappings (with the partner organisations’ project officers)
– Municipal level advocacy and campaigns planning and implementation (supported by Plan’s advocacy and Communications advisors)
– Coordinating technical support from other Plan advisors where relevant and for liaising with the Plan’s Grants and Finance Department in connection with programme reporting
– Listening ability
– Adaptability and integration
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Team spirit and group solidarity
Physical Environment and Demands
The incumbent will work in a normal work environment with frequent interaction with partners, children and youth. S/he will have to be on the field up to 75% of the time.
How to apply
Click on the link and send by 25th December 2017 your application with:
– A comprehensive cover letter
– A comprehensive and clear CV that includes the contact of two of your referees, one of whom should be your current employer.
Location : Dakar Urbain (Guediawaye)
Role : Project Officer – Child and Youth Friendly City
Gross monthly salary: 810,353 FCFA