Office High Comm for Human Rig Senegal recrute 01 Web Content Management Assistant
« être de nationalité sénégalaise »
|Entreprise/Structure: Office High Comm for Human Rig
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 24-02-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Agency : Office High Comm for Human Rig
Title : Web Content Management Assistant
Job ID : 8149
Practice Area – Job Family : Management
Vacancy End Date :24/02/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station : Dakar, Senegal
Education & Work Experience : C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Grade : G5
Vacancy Type : FTA Local
Posting Type : Common System
Bureau : Africa
Contract Duration : 1 Year with possibility for extension
Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées. Les candidats doivent être de nationalité senegalaise.
This position is located in the Web Unit/Communications Section/ External Outreach Service of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the incumbent reports to the OHCHR Web Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the OHCHR Web Officer, in the Web Unit, Communications Section, in close collaboration with the Information Management and Technology Section and working in a deadline-oriented news room environment;
Under the direct supervision of the OHCHR Web Officer, the Web Content Management Assistant:
• Is responsible for the on-going maintenance, design and development of the OHCHR website in French and related dissemination applications.
• Helps identify content to be translated. Prepares the content and coordinates the traffic of content for translation; prepares instructions for the translators as required; works closely with the translation service providers to ensure timely production of translations.
• Creates, updates, deletes webpages in French within a Content Management System environment, using translated content from the English language website; researches and implements measures designed to increase the site’s visibility for search engines. Drafts, edits, designs and updates webpages and provides specialized design and development assistance in the oversight and maintenance of the materials posted on the OHCHR website. Responds to inquiries on Web content. Identifies and solves Web content-related errors and problems. Monitors the validity of the OHCHR website for internal and external links, copyrights, accessibility and all other issues stated in the UN web guidelines.
• Monitors, collects and distributes source material as needed.
• Supports and guides the work of staff, interns and volunteers involved with the technical maintenance and enhancement of the OHCHR French website. Provides training as necessary; liaises with other IT partners, managers and counterparts. Identifies and troubleshoots to resolve problems as needed.
• Is available for staggered work hours and weekend and holiday standby duties as needed. Develops and maintains a functional, operational and technical Web expertise. Attends training courses and workshops to keep abreast of Internet technology.
• Provides back-up administrative support as needed and special assignments when requested.
Under the supervision of the OHCHR Social Media Officer, the incumbent:
• Assists in preparing content for OHCHR’s social media platforms in French, recommends, translates and posts content in French
• Monitors and analyses information and feedback in French received through OHCHR’s social media platforms and drafts responses for clearance by the Social Media Officer.
• Demonstrated skills in Web maintenance, Web design and development;
• Understands Web accessibility and usability
• Up-to-date knowledge of search engine optimization techniques
• Ability to research and gather information from a variety of sources
• Consistently high level of accuracy and initiative in performing detailed tasks
• Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
• Demonstrates persistence in finding solutions to problems
• Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Keeps abreast of available technology
• Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office
• Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks
• Shows willingness to learn new technology
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
• Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
• Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
• Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
• Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
Planning and Organizing:
• Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
• Identifies priority activities and assignments
• Adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
• Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
• Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
• Uses time efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent. Supplementary training in Web development, including Web design and database development is highly desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the OHCHR Secretariat. Fluency in English and French is required; knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
• Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a technical assessment, which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
• This position is for local recruitment.
• Passing the Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations.
United Nations Considerations
• The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.