Deadline: January 12, 2017
The OceanPath Fellowship provides community-focused experiential learning opportunities for graduating students to become active and effective change-makers, bringing new ideas and working closely with communities to foster sustainable and positive social change in Canada and around the world.
The Coady Institute is excited to partner with the following universities in offering this Fellowship: McGill University, Queen’s University, University of Ottawa and St. Francis Xavier University. The Fellowship also provides participants with leadership development and one-on-one coaching to support fellows’ personal learning throughout their fellowship experience.
Fellows are provided with up to $25,000 to contribute to:
- a living allowance (including housing, food, local transport and insurance);
- travel and travel-related expenses, to cover airfares to and from home locations and the community (if required), and, for those traveling internationally, such things as visas, immunisations and health insurance; and
- initiative funding, to cover expenses such as start-up and operational costs.
- Fellowship is only for graduating fulltime students from McGill, uOttawa, Queen’s and StFX universities who are 29 years old or under and are Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- The year-long Fellowship is designed for students who have:
- demonstrated the capacity and potential to develop as effective change-agents;
- a meaningful connection with a community of their choosing, locally, nationally or internationally; and
- EITHER an innovative idea of how this community could be strengthened or developed OR a connection with a positive and sustainable community development initiative in any field already underway within this community that they would like to build upon.
Following review of applications, up to 20 shortlisted candidates will be invited and funded to attend a centrally conducted Selection Day at one of the partner universities, consisting of participatory and interactive activities with the other candidates along with an individual interview with the Selection Committee. All shortlisted candidates MUST make themselves available to attend Selection Day on Thursday March 2nd, 2017 (and potentially travel days either side).
Begin application here.
- October 2016 – Applications Opens
- January 12, 2017 – Application Closes
- January 19, 2017 – Reference submissions due and Shortlisting of candidates
- February 17, 2017 – Shortlisting complete
- March 2, 2017 – Selection Day (final selection of Fellows)
- June 12-30, 2017 – Foundations for Community Change
- August 28 – Sept 1, 2017 – Final Planning Workshop
- September 2017 – Community Phase commences
- May 2018 – Community Phase concludes
- May 28 – June 1, 2018 – Debriefing & Evaluation
For more information, visit OceanPath Fellowship.