MRC Unit The Gambia is hiring Senior Data Managers
|Entreprise/Structure: MRC Unit The Gambia
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 19-12-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Job: Senior Data Managers
Title: Senior Data Managers
Salary: Grade 2, 30 Points
End Date : Monday, December 19, 2016
We are recruiting for Senior Data Managers to be based at MRCG Fajara and MRCG Basse respectively. The post-holders will work closely with the database development team to ensure that the study databases meet the data collection needs of studies. They will develop, organise and implement quality control and cleaning processes of databases that require extensive liaison and tactful communication with field personnel as well as with other senior staff.
– BSc or equivalent in computing, data management or a related subject.
– Extensive work experience and proficiency in data management – with preference given to data management for medical research.
– Diverse expertise in managing complex data from different systems.
– Previous experience dealing accurately and efficiently with large volumes of data from varied sources in multidisciplinary research projects.
– Excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills and judgement.
– Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Clinical Research, Clinical trial process and related regulatory requirements and terminology.
– Working knowledge of Clinical database applications.
– Excellent written and spoken English.
– Experience of training and supervising staff.
– Good working knowledge of database management software (MS Access essential and SQL Server preferred).
– Systematic approach and attention to detail.
– The ability to conduct study activities according to the protocols.
– The ability to work co-operatively in a team.
– Understanding of the confidential nature of the work.
– MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management or related field.
– Previous experience working in a research/clinical lab field.
– Experience in supporting electronic data capture processes.
– Experience in using OpenClinica or any Clinical Data Management System.
The salary will be paid in Grade 2, 30 Points of MRCG’s payscale at a net monthly salary of 56, 498 Dalasi. This converts to a net pay of $1, 313 approximately per month using the prevailing Dalasi/USD exchange rate.
Please note that the salary will be paid in Dalasi and that the USD figure quoted is only given as a guide.
For displaced staff the package will include rent-free furnished accommodation, flights, displacement allowance for spouse and children, contribution to school fees and shipment of personal effects.
The appointment is for 2 years initially and is subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
Please contact the Human Resources Office to obtain an application pack by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about MRC Unit The Gambia, please visit www.mrc.gm
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 19th December 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.