METI Government of Japan Internship Program 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Apply now for the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Government of Japan Internship Program 2017. The internship offers the opportunity to 120 interns (around 40 will be international students in Japan) to gain experience from Private-sector companies, industry associations, and non-profit corporations in Japan. Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequent approval by the Screening Committee.
The internship period varies and depends on the categogry of students:
- International students in Japan will intern for about 3 months from August to Wednesday, December 20.
- Overseas foreign nationals will be divided into three groups:
- Group 1: Entering Japan on Monday, September 11 & departing Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Group 2: Entering Japan on Monday, September 25 & departing Thursday December 7, 2017
- Group 3: Entering Japan on Sunday, October 8 & departing Thursday, December 21, 2017
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) in consultation with the Internship manager;
- Participating in group training, follow-up training, and wrap up presentation;
- Undertaking the internship full-time during the internship period(international students living in Japan must ensure this is balanced with academic work);
- Undertaking management of their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible, including gathering emergency information for Japan, as well as communication, reporting, and consultation with the Program Office and the host company;
- Submitting a variety of documents, notifications, reports, evaluation reports, etc. before coming to Japan, as well as during and after the internship period;
- Appropriate Behavior demonstrating awareness as a beneficiary of public funds received from the Japanese government.
- Allowance of 4,000 yen per day for living expenses. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only);
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible);
- Internship insurance;
- Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in training.
- Open to young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries);
- Applicants should agree with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities etc;
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English;
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as at June 30, 2017;
- Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc;
- Able to undertake both the internship and Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies);
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company;
- Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016.
- Registration is accepted online via the registration form
- Based on the application content, aptitude and experience/ability as an intern, understanding of the program intent, and any hopes and conditions in regard to the host company will be confirmed;
- Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English);
- The various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually at time of interview.
For more information, visit METI Internship.