Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships 2016
Last updated: 03 Oct 2016 |
University of Melbourne
Deadline: 31 Oct 2016 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Course starts Sept 2017
The Human Rights Scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne and awarded to students who are undertaking research in the field of human rights.
University of Melbourne, Australia
Level/Field of study:
Graduate Research Degree Programme in the area of human rights at the University of Melbourne
Number of Awards:
The University usually awards two scholarships per year.
Open to all students
The scholarship benefits include a fortnightly living allowance, relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia, as well as limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave. Note that the Human Rights Scholarship does NOT cover tuition fees for international students.
The duration of this scholarship is up to two years for students undertaking a Master by research degree and up to three years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- • either:
- • have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- • be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne and have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining,
- • intend to undertake graduate research in the human rights field and be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- • have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought, and
- • intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- • not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
You must submit an online application for both the Graduate Research Scholarships group and the Human Rights Scholarship. Deadline is 31 October 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://studenteforms.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=153:2:0:::2:P2_ID:221