Application Deadline: February 15th 2016
Affording international scholars an opportunity to work on their research projects here at the Institute is deemed of particular importance. To this end, a limited number of short-term scholarships (up to a maximum period of four months) are awarded each year. Additionally, the scholarship programme serves to promote personal and institutional contacts with scholars working in the fields of comparative and international private law and thereby continually expand the Institute’s global network.
The research project in question must correspond to the academic interests of the Institute, as only then can it be ensured that scholarship recipients will be able to engage in meaningful academic exchange with other researchers and find relevant literature in our library.
Applicants applying for the current round of scholarship awards are advised that topics presently being researched at the Institute include, in particular, the following:
– Comparative legal methodology
– Partnership law
– Close corporations
– Company valuation law
– Comparative succession law (Europe and other continents)
– International succession law (especially the European Succession Regulation)
– Chinese product liability law – Chinese civil procedure
– Korean family law
The Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law offers a limited number of short-term scholarships (up to a maximum period of four months) for foreign legal researchers. The scholarships are funded by theMax Planck Society.
Scholarships are available for:
– Foreign doctoral candidates,
– Foreign post-doctoral candidates and other advanced-stage researchers,
– Foreign professors or other senior researchers of equivalent academic achievement.
How to Apply:
To make application, please complete the following steps:
– Sign in on the online portal. You will need your email address and your password.
– Application takes place entirely online. Please be sure to have assembled all the necessary documents prior to commencing your online application – it is advised that you use the checklist we have provided (checklist as PDF document).
– When you have all the documents at hand, carefully fill out the online application form and upload your documents.
– It is permissible to send letters of recommendation by mail. They should be forwarded to the following address:
Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Max Planck Institute Scholarships for International Researchers