Maersk Line is seeking 01 HSSE Manager
an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in various areas such as
* Experience in interpersonal skills development
* Advance Negociation tactics
* Knowledge of terminal operations management
* Exposure to larger and challenging environment
* The position is expected to have a measurable contribution to the course of action that determines the achievement of the terminals LTI results.
* The position is expected to follow existing procedures under certain circumstances, while in others the position is required to constantly improve & modify HSE working methods.
* The position is often required to address problems and issues that are multi-dimensional & can have an effect on all dimensions of the business.
* Ensures safety, health and environmental working conditions are followed at all times.
* Manages implementation of policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe business operation.
* Enforces safe working practices and ensures LTI’s are kept to a minimum.
* Drives and manages the APMT global aim to be recognized as an industry leader within the field of Safety.
* Applies the overall APM Terminals standards and guidelines on HSE.
* Represents the company with local government organizations related to HSE in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a cooperative partnership with local resources.
* Prepares facility audits to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
* Responsible for setting and achieving the budget for the HSE department.
* Coordinates with HR department all safety training and certification for employee and contracted staff.
* Monitor the accident/incident investigation and reporting.
* Ensures that all health, safety & environmental issues are managed fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable by National laws.
* Ensure that emergencies are handled fulfilling the requirements of the regulations applicable nationally & internationally
Who we are looking for
* Mastery of HSE combining theory and organizational practice.
* Requires a College or Higher degree and certification in safety and quality management.
* Ideally a proven record of HSE management experience from port operations and/or similar industrial environments.
* Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
* Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and in the local language, where required.
* General knowledge and experience on terminal practices
Please follow link to apply: