L’UNICEF recrute 01 Assistant de Programme
Programme Assistant, GS-6 – UNICEF WCARO
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Référence cDiscussion: 1024601
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 6 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 12-07-2017
Publié le 28/06/2017 à 18h12min16s
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Programme Assistant, GS-6 – UNICEF WCARO
Job Number: 505439 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Senegal
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
• Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Support to programme development, planning and execution.
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
• Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
• Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
• Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
• Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
• Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
• Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
4. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
• Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
• Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
• A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
• Fluency in French and good knowledge in English is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Working with People
• Drive for Results
• Applying technical expertise
• Planning and organizing
• Following Instructions and Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date Wed Jun 28 2017 09:00:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest) GMT Daylight Time
Closing Date Wed Jul 12 2017 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)
Apply here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505439