L’ONG PATH recrute 01 Coordinator de Programme Paludisme
Malaria Program Coordinator
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 03 Aout 2017
Description de l’offre
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities.
Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential. PATH established a project office in Senegal in 2001. Since 2009, PATH has worked closely with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to develop and implement innovative strategies to eliminate malaria.
PATH seeks a Malaria Program Coordinator in Senegal to manage its malaria portfolio, particularly the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA). The Malaria Program Coordinator will work closely with national and regional counterparts, as well as international agencies working on malaria to oversee and implement day-to-day activities.
This position will be based in Dakar and will report to the MACEPA Director of Country Programs and Resource Mobilization with a dotted line reporting relationship to the PATH Senegal Country Director.
The MACEPA coordinator will be accountable to the PATH Senegal Country Director for: in-country operational issues including local human resources processes and requirements, procurement, legal issues, and local financial management and compliance; coordination with other PATH projects in Senegal; and management of relationships with local partners and the host country government.
The MACEPA coordinator will be accountable to the MACEPA Director of Country Programs and Resource Mobilization for technical issues, programmatic decision making and achievement of program objectives, with a linkage to the MACEPA Deputy Director and technical experts for guidance and support.
The Senegal Country Director and MACEPA Director of Country Programs will work together to assure clear accountability for the MACEPA coordinator. Issues on which there is unresolvable conflict will be escalated to the PATH Vice Presidents of Public Health and International Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Malaria Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities, managing and monitoring PATH’s malaria activities in Senegal. She/he will work closely with international and national PATH staff and in-country partners, including the Ministry of Health and in particular the NMCP. The coordinator will manage a team of highly experienced professionals.
Coordination of MACEPA activities in Senegal:
• Act as team leader for the MACEPA Senegal team
• Provide technical guidance and input to MACEPA project activities. Coordinate with MoH (NMCP) and national and provincial partners to plan and implement project activities.
• Develop and manage annual work plans in collaboration with global and local teams. Monitor activities and budget implementation in collaboration with the MACEPA Senegal Project Administrator (PADM) and MACEPA HQ team
• Act as technical lead for local contracts and consultants, working with assigned administrative staff to develop Scopes of Work. Monitor partner performance and deliverables; review and approve final deliverables
• Facilitate all necessary in-country project approvals and project development opportunities in collaboration with Country Manager
• Represent PATH’s malaria work and in particular MACEPA to the Government of Senegal and local partners in Senegal, and in all relevant project meetings and workshops. Build and maintain relationships with all participating public health programs, including WHO Senegal, USAID (PMI) and other local partners;
ensure regular communications between in-country partners and PATH
• Foster donors relationship and develop proposals to support PATH’s development in Senegal and in the region
• Oversee timely submission of data and development of data analyses and final study reports; produce monthly updates for MACEPA; oversee development and submission of regular reports to PATH HQ and donors
Advocacy and Resource Mobilization
• Lead the annual development and execution of advocacy, communications and resource mobilization plans for malaria elimination and for MACEPA in Senegal. Oversee MACEPA Senegal malaria advocacy and communications activities, manage relationships with collaborating partners and lead the MACEPA collaboration on the ”Zéro Palu, je m’engage” campaign
• Document and promote malaria elimination strategies by providing connectivity to and knowledge sharing with other MACEPA and PATH malaria programs in Africa.
• Master’s degree or higher in public health or related fields
• A minimum of 6-8 years progressive work responsibility with strong program and people management experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience including work with other individuals and organizations in the malaria field.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing field programs in public health or related health fields.
• Excellent written and spoken French and English.
• Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills.
• Experience working effectively with government counterparts particularly at national and regional levels.
• Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
• Willingness and ability to travel within Senegal and internationally as required
Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
How to APPLY
Click on the link below to applyy:
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre