L’ONG PATH recrute 01 Administrateur de projet
Descriptif du poste
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH health system strengthening team (HSS) is working closely with the Ministry of Health to improve service delivery and care for the Senegalese population. We are strengthening drug availability and supply chains and supporting the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), which aims to prevent worldwide epidemics by strengthening disease surveillance and laboratory and health information systems. Our Senegal program also serves as a hub for testing and field validation of new devices.
PATH’s Global Health Security (GHS) Partnership aims to strengthen disease surveillance, laboratories, and information systems in Senegal, Tanzania, DRC, and Vietnam. As one of several global partners supporting the US CDC’s Global Health Security Agenda to prevent, detect, and effectively respond to infectious disease threats worldwide, PATH partners with international and US Government stakeholders to leverage a core technical platform within and across countries, facilitate cross-national learning networks, and catalyze health systems improvement through hands-on field support in high-risk districts.
We are seeking a Project Administrator to provide financial and administrative support to an assigned project team. This position will be based in our Dakar office and will report to the PATH HSS Coordinator with a strong dotted line to the GHSA global PADM.
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Develop, manage, and monitor budgets for the HSS Senegal teams in coordination with the in-country coordinator and Seattle-based GHSA Program Administrator.
- Develop quarterly cash expenditure projections, in accordance with PATH procedures, for use in the PATH Senegal quarterly cash request.
- Prepare financial transaction documentation to ensuring it is complete, accurate, and complies with applicable polices and internal procedures.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of budgets for the HSS Senegal team and in particular the GHSA team.
- Liaise closely with in country Finance and administrative staff on all relevant issues.
Contract Management and Procurement
- Assist technical staff in the development and submission of documents for consultants, contracting, and procurements; monitor and report progress against contract and agreement SOWs, budgets, reporting, payment schedules and deliverables.
Implementation Support Project Activities
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate program designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by HSS Senegal team, liaising with the local PATH office financial management team for processing and generation of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings, & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; prepare financial reports of workshops, meetings, and field work exercises.
- May administer funds and maintain all documentation for assigned field activities including managing cash disbursements to meeting, workshop, and field work exercise participants.
- Maintain an active knowledge and understanding of PATH and GHSA policies and procedures; seek out guidance from the relevant authority to resolve policy questions; and recommend changes to policies and procedures when appropriate and necessary. Maintain regular communication with the Seattle-based management team regarding project administration issues, highlighting issues that need attention, and requesting additional support as needed to implement activities successfully and in compliance with policies and procedures.
May support other activities as requested by the program coordinator
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills required.
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; MS Project a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with good follow-through
- Previous experience working with United States Government Donors preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related degree required. Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in a similar environment. Experience working with International Organization, Government counterparts, or Global Fund a strong asset. Proven ability to ensure high standards of accountability and compliance, demonstrable excellence in organization, records management, and attention to detail.
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.