Le PNUD recrute 01 Consultant National
National Consultant in Research UNODC Drug Research Section
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 10 Juillet 2017
Description de l’offre
– Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
– Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNODC;
– Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
– Substantive expertise in conducting research and data collection/analysis. Knowledge of concepts and methods in social or policy research.
– Planning and Organizing
-Sound organizational skills and time management skills, ability to prioritize own work programme and to work independently or with minimum supervision, ability to deliver assignments in a timely manner.
– Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
– Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.); use and search of information on the Internet, etc.
– Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and communicate effectively orally.
Required Skills and Experience
– Advanced University degree (Master or DEA or DESS) in criminology, social sciences, statistics, political sciences or other relevant disciplines is required. Graduation from an international university or institution (in English) is an advantage.
– Computer skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and excellent drafting skills for routine correspondence is required.
– At least six (06) years of relevant work experience are required;
– Experience in social or policy research is desired;
– Experience in working on drug or transnational organised crime issues at the national or international level would be an asset.
– English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
– Excellent knowledge of English and French (oral and written) is required.
Indicators to evaluate the consultant’s performance:
The evaluation will be based on cumulative analysis (i.e. technical qualifications and price proposal). The weight of the technical criteria is 70%; the weight of the financial proposal is 30%, as detailed below. Candidates who obtain a minimum of 70 pts out of a maximum 100 pts will be considered for the financial evaluation.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum qualification requirements will be disqualified.
Criteria 1: Minimum of six (06) years of relevant work experience on drug and crime research and analysis. Experience in social or policy research is desired. Experience in working on drug or transnational organised crime issues at the national or international level would be an asset. (25 points or 17.5%)
Criteria 2: Advanced University degree (Master) in criminology, social sciences, statistics, political sciences or other relevant disciplines is required. Graduation from an international university or institution (in English) is an advantage. (10 points or 7%).
Criteria 3: Methodological or conceptual note proposed to perform the proposed tasks. (20 points or 14%).
Criteria 4: Good knowledge of data collection tools and analysis on drugs trafficking and use, precursor manufacturing and trafficking. (25 points or 17.5%).
Criteria 5: Planning and timeliness of the delivery. (10 points or 7%).
Criteria 6: For the position advertised fluency in English and French, i.e. oral and written proficiency, with excellent document drafting skills, is required. (10 points or 7%).
The financial proposals of candidates who will be determined as technically qualified during the technical evaluation will be evaluated.
The payments shall be made to the Individual Consultant based on the number of actual days invested in each month as reflected in the ToR i.e. deliverables and monthly time sheet to be completed by the Individual Consultant.
Documents to be Included when Submitting the Proposals.
Interested individual consultants should submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Candidates who do not submit the following required document/information will be disqualified:
A one-page Letter of Interest, explaining why they are the most suitable for the work,
Personal CV or Personal History Form (P11) including past(s) experience(s) in similar activities and at least 3 references contacts
A methodological or conceptual note explaining your understanding of the work and how you suggest to do it
When applying for this position, a financial offer/proposal made in XOF (FCFA) must be attached and inclusive of all associated costs such as social security, pension and income tax etc. Amount for each deliverable should be clearly specify on the financial proposal.
Chronology of Payments:
The amount paid to the consultant shall be gross and inclusive of all associated costs such as social security, pension and income tax etc.
Payments will be made within 30 days upon acceptance and approval of the corresponding deliverable by UNODC on the basis of actual number of days invested in each respective deliverable. The total amount of payment to be effected to the Consultant within the scope of this contract cannot exceed 108 days (5 months*21.75 days).
If the deliverables are not produced and delivered by the consultant to the satisfaction of UNODC as approved by the Hiring Manager, no payment will be made even if the consultant has invested working/days to produce and deliver such deliverables.
The consultant will be paid in XOF (FCFA) upon satisfactory completion and/or submission of the outputs/deliverables as detailed above. Please note that last payment must coincide with the end of the contract and must be identical to payment phases in the engagement of Individual consultant request.
The three payments will be made upon satisfactory completion as per the Chief of Drug Research Section in UNODC HQ in Vienna and ROSEN DRR who are the direct supervisors of the consultant. All outputs should meet the satisfaction of UNODC according to the following indicators.
Tax Obligations: The IC is solely responsible for all taxation or other assessments on any income derived from UNDP. UNDP will not make any withholding from payments for the purposes of income tax. UNDP is exempt from any liabilities regarding taxation and will not reimburse any such taxation to the IC.
If you are interested in this job position, please click on the link below:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click on the link below:
Click on the link below: