Le PAM recrute 01 Human Resources Associate
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 06 Aout 2017
Description de l’offre
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
Language: Fluency in French and English language.
This job is found in the Regional Bureau (RB) and is reporting to the National HR Officer.
At this level the job holder is expected to use initiative and knowledge within an area of expertise to independently respond to queries with general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holder is expected to work closely with the HR team.
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
3. Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
4. Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
5. Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
6. Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
7. Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
8. Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
9. Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
10. Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
11. Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools
to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities
and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to
showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to
teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill
development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job
experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building
activities to build rapport in own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the
pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
• Create an « I will »/ »We will » spirit: Proactively anticipates
potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that
team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies
opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more
innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of
• Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and
provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides
accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks,
whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior
team members on when to escalate issues when faced with
challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships
with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and
provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or
direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and
agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes,
monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that
they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Displays ability to identify the main hunger problem at the
national or subnational level to design and implement context-
specific programmes that integrate complex analysis and the full
range of food assistance tools.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)
Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and
qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market
studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme
Broad Knowledge of
Specialized areas (i.e.
Nutrition, VAM, etc.)
Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context
of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme
design, implementation and monitoring.
Displays ability to translate understanding of programme
principles in emergencies and protracted conflict situations into
relevant, effective, and context specific approaches.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government
Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g.,
government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen
national or subnational entities and government owned food and
nutrition security programmes.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of specialized HR administrative work practices and
methods, gained through relevant technical training and
Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles
and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range
of HR queries.
Ability to conduct basic analyses in order to generate periodic
reports and make recommendations for further actions.
Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals
across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively
contribute to the functioning of the unit.
Experience in supervising and coordinating tasks of subordinates
to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the
Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to
perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has gained experience of WFP HR Services operating standards
across a range of international humanitarian contexts.
Has provided training to new staff members within area of
expertise and supported with ad-hoc queries
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce,
and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply;
Position open to Senegalese nationals and non-nationals from
ECOWAS with residence and/or working permit in Senegal
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
HOW TO APLLY
Please, click on the link below:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click on the link below