Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge 2017 (Win $100,000 in funding)
Deadline: January 17, 2017
Applications are now invited for the 2017 Africa Innovation Challenge. This is an initiative to support Africa’s vibrant and growing innovation ecosystem to help develop important and locally sustainable consumer health solutions. Johnson & Johnson is introducing the Africa Innovation Challenge, to encourage entrepreneurial thinking in Africa and the creation of consumer health care solutions that address the critical unmet needs of the continent and her people.
Apply today and submit your ground-breaking consumer health care idea that can make a difference in Africa.
The Africa Challenge seeks novel ideas that focus on three critical health areas: promoting early child development and maternal health; empowering young women; and improving family well-being.
- Challenge participant(s) with the best solutions will receive up to US $100,000 in funding and mentorship from scientists, engineers and researchers in the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Research & Development organization.
- The winner(s) could also receive dedicated space at a lab facility in Africa throughout their product or service development, dependent on the needs of the solution submission.
Award recipients will be announced in February 2017.
- Challenge submissions may originate from anywhere in Africa, and from one or more individuals, teams or companies
Solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Solution submission addresses at least one of the three challenge categories:
- Promoting Early Child Development & Maternal Health in Africa;
- Empowering Young Girls in Africa;
- Improving Family Well-being in Africa
- Submission is innovative and creative
- Submission is scalable
- Submission outlines a commercialization plan and how the award would help the applicant reach a critical milestone within the timeframe of a single year.
For more information, visit Africa Innovation Challenge.